Solution
Yes, motherboards, PSUs, and Cases are ATX standardised for their connections (only excluding OEM proprietary items).

Both PSUs will suit the B450 TOMAHAWK MAX perfectly fine.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Depends what you want.
The RM is better quality.
The TX is still great quality, but more watts for less (because it's not as good quality as the RM)

RM comes with 10 year warranty.
TX comes with 7.

If you only need 650, get the RM as it will guarantee you for 10 years and it's excellent quality.
If you want to massively ugprade potentially in the next 7 years, you might want to consider the TX.

Reactions: Vky Rhodes

Vky Rhodes

Commendable
Mar 28, 2017
Depends what you want.
The RM is better quality.
The TX is still great quality, but more watts for less (because it's not as good quality as the RM)

RM comes with 10 year warranty.
TX comes with 7.

If you only need 650, get the RM as it will guarantee you for 10 years and it's excellent quality.
If you want to massively ugprade potentially in the next 7 years, you might want to consider the TX.

I fount this post.
And according to this, the TXM is above the new RM series units. https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/need-a-psu-for-rtx-2070-super.3499823/post-21151945

Thoughts?

Reactions: PC Tailor

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I fount this post.
And according to this, the TXM is above the new RM series units. https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/need-a-psu-for-rtx-2070-super.3499823/post-21151945

Thoughts?
My sincerest of apologies, I've mistunderstand and spoken regarding the RMx series, and not necessarily made the link that the RM is the new series.

I will admit I didn't necessarily know the RM series were MUCH of a step down. But the latest RM only come with 5 year warranties.

My apologies, I was referring to the RMx and RMi series. Completely forgot about the new RM series.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Well a good quality 500W/550W would run your rig perfectly fine with some headspace, so it depends how far you want to upgrade in the future. A 650W would give you headroom to probably upgrade to most alternatives, but if you weren't going to upgrade too far from what you have now a 550W would likely do fine.

If you're unsure, opt for a 650W, especially because if you stick to good quality, for example an RMx or a Seasonic FOCUS Plus, they'll have 10 year warranties, so technically if you gave yourself enough firepower for 10 years, you would never have an issue.

Put it this way an RTX 2070 could run on a good quality 550W even now. A 650W would give you even more headroom if you wanted to go down that kind of route.

Vky Rhodes

Commendable
Mar 28, 2017
Thanks for the detailed explanation.

The fact that I will use this PC for 2-d animation & video-editing 1080p (of 10-15 min. in length) for YouTube uploads and No Gaming. Does it affect my wattage requirement?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Thanks for the detailed explanation.

The fact that I will use this PC for 2-d animation & video-editing 1080p (of 10-15 min. in length) for YouTube uploads and No Gaming. Does it affect my wattage requirement?
Not in this circumstance no.
Realistically, we'd always recommend a PSU that MORE than satisfies the power requirements of your key components, and the likelihood of your components sitting constantly at peak wattage is unlikely, a PSU will give as much power as component needs and nothing more, and the component will only consume the power that it needs.

Realistically it is more the components themselves rather than usage that affects PSU requirements, your usage will just affect how much of your PSU is used.

If it were me, I'd get a good quality 650W as that will MORE than satisfy your current requirements, and give you a good amount of room for future upgrades, when you have a PSU that can last the next 7 years at least - as the PSU will only use as much power as it needs, so there's no real negative to getting more wattage than you need.

Vky Rhodes

Commendable
Mar 28, 2017
Not in this circumstance no.
Realistically, we'd always recommend a PSU that MORE than satisfies the power requirements of your key components, and the likelihood of your components sitting constantly at peak wattage is unlikely, a PSU will give as much power as component needs and nothing more, and the component will only consume the power that it needs.

Realistically it is more the components themselves rather than usage that affects PSU requirements, your usage will just affect how much of your PSU is used.

If it were me, I'd get a good quality 650W as that will MORE than satisfy your current requirements, and give you a good amount of room for future upgrades, when you have a PSU that can last the next 7 years at least - as the PSU will only use as much power as it needs, so there's no real negative to getting more wattage than you need.
That makes perfect sense.

After a lot of search, I found 2 more Corsair power supply variants (mid-top tier) available in my country. Now i have 4 options.
Can you please suggest one PSU among these?
  1. RM-X Series
  2. TX-M Series
  3. SF 600 Gold
  4. Vengeance 650W Silver
A. Which one is more reliable in terms of longevity? (in your experience)
B. Which one would be a good enough purchase for my build?

Thanks.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
  1. RM-X Series
  2. TX-M Series
  3. SF 600 Gold
  4. Vengeance 650W Silver

Avoid the vengeance, it's a good PSU, but the others are all better.
The SF600 is excellent, but an SFX PSU (not full ATX size), so may not be what you need really. As it may be louder, and may not fit in the case (and the cables will be shorter).
The RMx is better than the TXm.

Overall my ordering would be (eliminating SF as it's SFX):
  1. RMx (also has 10 year warranty)
  2. TMx (also has 7 year warranty)
  3. Vengeance (also has 5 year warranty)
If you needed an SFX size PSU, then of course the SF600.

Vky Rhodes

Commendable
Mar 28, 2017
Thanks for all this info, Really helpful.

Until now, I have been undecided on what PSU i should buy. This was the last piece of the puzzle.
I wish i could mark more than one Best Answers!

Thanks again.

Reactions: PC Tailor