[SOLVED] PSU Corsair RM1000x

harpsinuno

Commendable
Apr 26, 2021
Hi

I have Lian Li =11 Dynamic case.

I would like to ask 2 questions about PSU:
  1. Since the case has two positions, up and down, which is the best one to install PSU?
  2. Since the PSU has just one side with its fan, which direction should the fan be placed: faced inside or faced outside?

Last edited:
Solution
Hi

1. Since the case has two positions, up and down, which is the best one to install PSU?
  2. Since the PSU has just one side with its fan, which direction should the fan be placed: faced inside or faced outside?
If you use the optional center bracket the RM1000x won't fit the top bay since it will be too long. Without the optional bracket you can use top or bottom. The top/bottom bay will hold 2 hard drives with the moveable caddy. I'd use the bottom bay since it's larger with the bracket installed and the fan should face the side panel to pull cool air into the PSU from outside the case. Placing the power supply at the bottom will keep the...
Hi

If you use the optional center bracket the RM1000x won't fit the top bay since it will be too long. Without the optional bracket you can use top or bottom. The top/bottom bay will hold 2 hard drives with the moveable caddy. I'd use the bottom bay since it's larger with the bracket installed and the fan should face the side panel to pull cool air into the PSU from outside the case. Placing the power supply at the bottom will keep the cases center of gravity lower and may be a bit more stable due to the weight of the PSU. The case is pretty wide so it may not matter but just a thought I had.

Last edited:
Solution

harpsinuno

Commendable
Apr 26, 2021
Sorry, I don't understand... What is the optional center bracket? (I cannot post photos) but I imagine it is that white division in the back where you can install SSD disks, right?

the fan should face the side panel to pull cool air into the PSU from outside the case.

The side? But which side?

I just need to know is the fan will be faced to the inner side (white lid which handles the MB) or the outer side (lid of the case)

Sorry, I don't understand... What is the optional center bracket? (I cannot post photos) but I imagine it is that white division in the back where you can install SSD disks, right?

The side? But which side?

I just need to know is the fan will be faced to the inner side (white lid which handles the MB) or the outer side (lid of the case)
Outside. Do not face the fan to the motherboard. Use the bottom bay.