[SOLVED] psu crashing crash on load works fine without load

muhammadahmad9794

Commendable
Jan 14, 2019
hello everyone,

I figured out one thing that psu is faulty in my computer because its working fine with alternative power supply.

i have rm1000x and its crashing on load, sometimes crashes immediately while sometimes it crashes after few minutes.

i don;t have warranty for psu, I just want help here is that if there is some tech special guy who can guide me how to find out faulty component in power supply so that u can repair it myself it would be highly appreciated.

thanks in advance.

hello everyone,

I figured out one thing that psu is faulty in my computer because its working fine with alternative power supply.

i have rm1000x and its crashing on load, sometimes crashes immediately while sometimes it crashes after few minutes.

i don;t have warranty for psu, I just want help here is that if there is some tech special guy who can guide me how to find out faulty component in power supply so that u can repair it myself it would be highly appreciated.

thanks in advance.
It sounds to me that you have a broken capacitor - just RMA the PSU

Or

open up the psu, inspect for bulging capacitors, desolder any bad capacitors from the board - find a capacitor with the same resistances, solder it back on

Pray to the solder gods

test

muhammadahmad9794

Commendable
Jan 14, 2019
It sounds to me that you have a broken capacitor - just RMA the PSU

Or

open up the psu, inspect for bulging capacitors, desolder any bad capacitors from the board - find a capacitor with the same resistances, solder it back on

Pray to the solder gods

test
I opened it, didn't see any swollen caps. But seems like culprit might be capacitors. Is there any way to test the capacitors without desoldering them one by one?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS