Psu CX450 OR CX450M

ivancat127

Prominent
Oct 2, 2017
Hello people, I'm just deciding which PSU to take either the CX450 or the CX450M,this last one is from 2015 and the other is from 2017. The CX450M is semimodular, which is something I like but it's from 2015 and maybe the 2017 has improved in making less noise and better ventilation.
I want to know which one would you take and if it's possible why :D

Thank you

Solution
the older cxm models are better than folks like to claim. it's an older design but still a decent budget choice. for the same money i'd get the cxm model as well.

but for only a few bucks more i'd look into the newer cxm model which was a good bit better and worth another $10 or so for sure. (no clue what the prices really are but just saying, for a few bucks more, the newer cxm is a much better choice if you can find it for similar money)
Fairly equal , 'm' is cwt based , non m is made by great wall.

Very very similar dc-dc based platforms with exactly the same rail outputs.

The modular does have 2 x 6+2 pin pic express cables though whereas the non modular only has a single connector

At a similar price take the semi modular cwt version is my advice.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
the older cxm models are better than folks like to claim. it's an older design but still a decent budget choice. for the same money i'd get the cxm model as well.

but for only a few bucks more i'd look into the newer cxm model which was a good bit better and worth another $10 or so for sure. (no clue what the prices really are but just saying, for a few bucks more, the newer cxm is a much better choice if you can find it for similar money)

Solution