PSU dead or?

Jshe

Reputable
Jul 6, 2015
I'm running a 1060 6gb fx-8350 on a 430w EVGA power supply and I recently got the 1060 so I was planning on getting a new power supply but last night my pc just turned off and wouldn't turn back on, when you press the power button it turns on for a split second and it only does that once then I have to flip the power switch on the psu then it does it only one time so I'm almost positive it's my PSU but any ideas? Thanks

EDIT- also got a new mobo about 2 months ago so I don't think it's that.

Solution
Without knowing the rest of your system specs, i would still recommend upgrading the PSU to something more powerful. (You can add your system specs to your name badge in your profile settings for future reference) The PSU you have is the bear minimum of what you should ideally have. Good excuse to swap it out i say. (as long as you can afford to do so!) Either that, or if there is any way you could test with another PSU that you know works?

Kenton82

Reputable
Without knowing the rest of your system specs, i would still recommend upgrading the PSU to something more powerful. (You can add your system specs to your name badge in your profile settings for future reference) The PSU you have is the bear minimum of what you should ideally have. Good excuse to swap it out i say. (as long as you can afford to do so!) Either that, or if there is any way you could test with another PSU that you know works?

Solution