[SOLVED] PSU debate

Nov 27, 2020
My gpu went dead a couple of days ago and i been told to upgrade the PSU along with the new GPU so iam on a strict budget here , iam going for MSI gtx 1650 ,so iam going for the SEASONIC S12II 520 SS- but is it still good enough to run my rig ?
Processor :R53500X
MB: Asus Prime X570-P
RAM :16 GB
OLD PSU : CM MWE 500

Solution
budget and availability , there is Corsair CX 650 M that i could try to get it but is it a good choice ? and if you recommend me a psu within the same price range from like (corsair or Evga )i would be thankful
The Corsair CX series are ok. 450-550 watts would be enough. If you could get a Corsair TX550M that would be better but a CX450 or 550 would be ok.
My gpu went dead a couple of days ago and i been told to upgrade the PSU along with the new GPU so iam on a strict budget here , iam going for MSI gtx 1650 ,so iam going for the SEASONIC S12II 520 SS- but is it still good enough to run my rig ?
Processor :R53500X
MB: Asus Prime X570-P
RAM :16 GB
OLD PSU : CM MWE 500
It's an old group-regulated design and there are far better options. Is budget or availability of better models a problem for you?

Reactions: ZeusOfEgypt
Nov 27, 2020
It's an old group-regulated design and there are far better options. Is budget or availability of better models a problem for you?
budget and availability , there is Corsair CX 650 M that i could try to get it but is it a good choice ? and if you recommend me a psu within the same price range from like (corsair or Evga )i would be thankful

The Corsair CX series are ok. 450-550 watts would be enough. If you could get a Corsair TX550M that would be better but a CX450 or 550 would be ok.

Reactions: ZeusOfEgypt
Solution
Nov 27, 2020
thanks for your replays guys. I would really love to go and try getting something better than the CX series maybe the TX-M if i can afford it now, so i will see how its gonna work for me. Thanks again for your replays

Last edited: