Question PSU died -- Is my graphics card dead too?

Yrors_

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2015
Hi all,
So a couple of days ago, the psu (EVGA b2 supernova 750w bronze 80+) on my pc of 3 years died after attempting to boot up. It sparked at the back (the input) and refused a second attempt at booting up, suggesting that this is just a common issue with the aging capacitors breaking. I know that the chance of other components being affected are normally relatively low, however the (very) slight smell of smoke from the GPU's (1070) region may suggest otherwise. This smell has persisted after removing the power supply and letting the rest of the pc sit for a couple of days. I have examined the gpu and mobo for any marks or burns with nothing found, but I have not taken off the gpu's backplate and cannot get a very good look as a result. While the PSU does not smell of the smoke at all, which further leads me to think that the origin is from the GPU.

I have already ordered a new power supply in order to test the system more thoroughly.

So I guess my question is, does the smell mean my graphics card (and/or mobo) is probably fried?

Thanks!