Tidus77

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010
Hi i recently bought a CM GX650, and i hear everytime i turn on and off the pc a sound that i never heared before in any other psu.
Its a very short sounds like the click that tension stabilizer does when it corrects tension. I hear one on the startup (a strong one) and another one (its quieter than the other one) at shutdown. The pc works perfect even at full gamming.

PC Spects:
AMD Phenom II x2 550 (Cores unlocked, Phenom II x4 B50) - CM Hyper 212+ - MSI 880GM-E41 - 4 Gbs Ram DDR3 1333Mhz Geil Value Series - 500 Gbs Western Digital - CM GX650 - Ati Sapphire 6870 1Gb GDDR5 - CM HAF 912 Advanced

Things i tried and tested:
* Tensions and voltaje are perfect.
* Using diferent cables (it actually has the one that comes with the psu) and no changes.
* I remove video board, hdd, dvd, etc... and plug one by one, the same noise every startup.

I am 100% sure that it comes from the PSU.
I need to know if it is normal because if not i will RMA it. It only has 4 days of use.
I know it isnt the best choise and many people says that is not reliable but till now i never had a problem like this one.

In the case its not normal i will try to get another one in replacement or get a diferent model.

Thanks in advanced.

Solution

I wouldn't consider the clicking normal. Contact Cooler Master and have it RMA'd.

Do you have the now discontinued RS-650-ACAA-E3 model made by Seventeam or its replacement RS-650-ACAA-D3 model made by Enhance Electronics?

The model made by Seventeam should be avoided at all cost. It's been known to damage attached devices when it fails and even when it hasn't failed.
It may only be the isolated unit itself, in which case you can get yours changed out as to the quality of the GX, I would say it is more than proficient in running your setup with some to spare. How do I know this, I used a GX 550w Bronze with a 2500K/560ti build

Tidus77

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010
Maybe, but nobody can tell me if GX 650 always does the noise in all startup and shutdown. I need to know if it is normal or not in this kind of psu. I have no idea if it is a proteccion that the psu has or its faulty.

Anyone that used this psu can tell me if always do the same noise??

I wouldn't consider the clicking normal. Contact Cooler Master and have it RMA'd.

Do you have the now discontinued RS-650-ACAA-E3 model made by Seventeam or its replacement RS-650-ACAA-D3 model made by Enhance Electronics?

The model made by Seventeam should be avoided at all cost. It's been known to damage attached devices when it fails and even when it hasn't failed.

Solution

Tidus77

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010
In the box i can read this:

Model: RS-650-ACAA-E3
US Type.

And then the bar code: RS650ACAAE31112830450

This is the only that i can read from the box. Its the Seventeam one.
Next week i will RMA it and ask for the Enhance Electronics D3 model. I dont want to lose any part of my pc due to this crap of psu.

Many thanks for your help.

As I said in my post above, the RS-650-ACAA-E3 model is made by Seventeam.

TRENDING THREADS