Question PSU dying?

agreedtolife

Commendable
Nov 23, 2021
When occasionally turning on my pc, it starts up then stops, then starts up back again. I have decided to not be using it until I can figure out the problem. It also freezes while gaming and says no signal afterwards.

Nov 3, 2021
It sounds like something in your system is drawing too much power which is causing your system to shut itself down as a side-effect. Could you send us your full system specs?

CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

agreedtolife

Commendable
Nov 23, 2021
CPU: i5-4570
Motherboard: Unkown (lga1150)
Ram: 16gb ddr3
SSD: 120gb
HDD: 500gb
PSU: Insignia 550w
Chassis: 400g1 tower case
Monitor:
ASUS TUF Gaming VG-9Q

Co BIY

Splendid
I would try removing the HHD and GPU attaching the monitor to the motherboard and see if you still have issues.

Also check the power cables before the computer, wall outlet , surge protector, cable into PSU. Then check all your cables inside.

Next I would try using another known good PSU and see if that will run it.

Last edited:

agreedtolife

Commendable
Nov 23, 2021
I would try removing the HHD and GPU attaching the monitor to the motherboard and see if you still have issues.

Also check the power cables before the computer, wall outlet , surge protector, cable into PSU. Then check all your cables inside.

Next I would try using another known good PSU and see if that will run it.

I'm planning on getting a new (good) psu and see if that works