PSU electrical noise

Jul 18, 2018
Today I my pc off and unplugged my PSU cable. But when I plugged it in again and turned the power switch on my pc made an electrical noise (similar to the noise in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvyZWz9iYkQ). The noise stopped eventually but I’m not sure if it’s still safe to use my pc. I don’t want to break my pc. So, can I still use my pc?

Solution
What's the make and model of your PSU (or part number)?

As far as that video goes, he has Corsair CX with green label and that PSU is low quality unit. I wouldn't use that PSU to power even an office PC, let a lone gaming PC with dedicated GPU.
Also, that crackling sound isn't coil whine which is harmless sound some PSUs can make. I'd replace PSU ASAP if i'd hear that crackling sound out of my PSU.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
What's the make and model of your PSU (or part number)?

As far as that video goes, he has Corsair CX with green label and that PSU is low quality unit. I wouldn't use that PSU to power even an office PC, let a lone gaming PC with dedicated GPU.
Also, that crackling sound isn't coil whine which is harmless sound some PSUs can make. I'd replace PSU ASAP if i'd hear that crackling sound out of my PSU.

Solution