[SOLVED] Psu enough for gtx 1650?

yupu

Honorable
Dec 15, 2016
Hello. Recently my old pc which i used for light gaming died. I mainly played esport titles like csgo, league of legends, overwatch and also world of warcraft. Im about to buy this dell prebuilt and planned to add more ram later and also add a graphics card. My question is, this dell system having a 300w power supply can i add a gtx 1650 to it? Will it work? Or even a low profile version of the same graphics card ?

Solution
Hello. Recently my old pc which i used for light gaming died. I mainly played esport titles like csgo, league of legends, overwatch and also world of warcraft. Im about to buy this dell prebuilt and planned to add more ram later and also add a graphics card. My question is, this dell system having a 300w power supply can i add a gtx 1650 to it? Will it work? Or even a low profile version of the same graphics card ?
There's no way of knowing if the power supply can actually output 300 watts on the +12volt unless you see the label on it and even so, at that low power it's unlikely to have the required 6-pin PCIe power cable needed for a GTX 1650.

Obiwancanabi

Proper
Dec 24, 2020
is it a name branded PSU or just some grey thing? never trust a random grey thing

What happened to your old pc, any of it salvageable? might be able to resurrect it with a few key components, new power supply and a cheap mobo cpu bundle

Last edited:
There's no way of knowing if the power supply can actually output 300 watts on the +12volt unless you see the label on it and even so, at that low power it's unlikely to have the required 6-pin PCIe power cable needed for a GTX 1650.

Solution