Question PSU-external HDD

Mar 22, 2019
Ok, so I have a little problem. I want to buy a external HDD and I want to know how much power it consumes because I want to buy a grahipc card in the future.
My specs are:
i3 3220 3.3ghz
120GB SSD
8GB RAM
Integrated graphic card
Aaaaaand 280w PSU
I don't have enough money to buy a new PSU yet so if you can give me some graphic card suggestions I would appreciate it.

A USB powered drive is pretty much 0 power when it comes to doing calculations for power use. If you need to be so close as to be within a few watts or system will crash, you have the wrong power supply for the system.

You should be OK with an nVidia 1030 card for that power supply. Just make sure you do a BIOS update.

Reactions: gabe2069
Mar 22, 2019
A USB powered drive is pretty much 0 power when it comes to doing calculations for power use. If you need to be so close as to be within a few watts or system will crash, you have the wrong power supply for the system.

You should be OK with an nVidia 1030 card for that power supply. Just make sure you do a BIOS update.
I was thinking about a 1030 but I wasn't sure if the PSU would keep up. Thank you for the help though.

TRENDING THREADS