PSU facing in a LIAN LI PC-V354B case?

Areksune

Honorable
May 2, 2012
I'm wondering the best way in which to orientate my psu with the LIAN LI PC-V354B case. https://www.google.com/search?q=LIAN+LI+PC-V354B&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a&channel=sb

Right now I have the psu fan facing the side panel (since the psu stands on its side in this case), but said panel has no vents and I'm concerned about the psu's ability to cool itself. However, if I turn the psu over and have the fan face the innards of the computer, won't that increase temps for the cpu/mb/gpu? If that is true then I find myself in a bit of a pickle, since my cpu temps are already a tad high :/

Any help would be most appreciated!

Solution
Turn it around; it's meant to face inwards on that particular case (as you note, the side panel has no vent). Having it with the fan facing inwards won't increase the temperatures, it should decrease them really, as the fan acts as an exhaust, pulling warm air from inside your case out and through the PSU's rear grill.

Damn_Rookie

Reputable
Feb 21, 2014
Turn it around; it's meant to face inwards on that particular case (as you note, the side panel has no vent). Having it with the fan facing inwards won't increase the temperatures, it should decrease them really, as the fan acts as an exhaust, pulling warm air from inside your case out and through the PSU's rear grill.

Solution

Areksune

Honorable
May 2, 2012
Thanks very much :) I'll get on that in the morning! ...On a side note, is it normal for the psu fan to not even run most of the time? The psu never feels hot or anything, but the fan almost never seems to run. Sorry for the somewhat off-topic question!

Edit: Nevermind! I just searched it and viola, the answer. :)