Question Psu Fail

Jul 11, 2018
Hey guys,
Built my third pc last weekend. It would not boot once build was complete. Mobo rgb lights were active on power standby. when booting fans, cpu fan and extra rgb lighting would all activate for 0.5 second and system would shut off. Troubleshooting performed was, gut the pc and build on cardboard box, try separate cpu(i5 8400), ensure all cabled plugged in firmly, ensure all parts fitted and seated correctly. When trying my other 750w gold evga psu the system booted. Im suggesting faulty psu but it is brand new and 650w gold rated. Seems unlikely to be insufficient power for the build specs. What do you guys think?
Specs:
Asus gforse 1060 oc gb
Intel i5 9600k
EVGA 650 w G1+ 80
Sasumng 970 evo plus 250gb
Seagate 2tb
Kingston hyper x 2x8gb ddr4 2666mhz
asus prime z390-A lga

yep, 650 should be plenty. but if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck... then it's a duck. maybe you just got unlucky with a doa psu...

make sure you're plugging the pciex modular cables (if it's modular) in the right place in the psu! and use the cables that came with the psu!

Jul 11, 2018
Thanks for the reply mate! he bought his components through mwave and they are super easy to deal with so when we get the new psu hopefully I get him up and running!

TRENDING THREADS