With these specifications

Ryzen 5 3600
MSI MAG B550 tomahawk
GTX1660S gaming z
Corsair ram 16gb 3600mhz
SSD 500GB adata
case asus taf gt301
PSU Corsair CV650W bronze

My problem is, power supply making noise from the fan when stopping in the event of stress with games or work, and sometimes in the idle
In all cases the fan stops and works repeatedly every second
Is this really a normal thing, or is it a problem with the power supply
This is a video for illustration
Please help and thanks

everything runs normal while using
windows works stably, there are no death screens, and all the parts are at good temperature

Last edited:
I built a new computer
With these specifications

Ryzen 5 3600
MSI MAG B550 tomahawk
GTX1660S gaming z
Corsair ram 16gb 3600mhz
SSD 500GB adata
case asus taf gt301
PSU Corsair CV650W bronze

My problem is, power supply making noise from the fan when stopping in the event of stress with games or work, and sometimes in the idle
In all cases the fan stops and works repeatedly every second
Is this really a normal thing, or is it a problem with the power supply
This is a video for illustration
Please help and thanks

everything runs normal while using
windows works stably, there are no death screens, and all the parts are at good temperature

Defective unit. The fan in the CV isn't supposed to stop. Sounds like a bad fan motor.

EDIT: I've honestly never heard anything like that before. So I asked one of the Corsair guys to reach out to you to do a failure analysis with you. Would be good to figure out what happened.

t0p.saad

Reputable
Dec 23, 2018
Defective unit. The fan in the CV isn't supposed to stop. Sounds like a bad fan motor.

EDIT: I've honestly never heard anything like that before. So I asked one of the Corsair guys to reach out to you to do a failure analysis with you. Would be good to figure out what happened.
Thank you for your interest

t0p.saad

Reputable
Dec 23, 2018
The problem has been solved, and Corsair is sending a new power With DHL, and it is now on its way to Egypt, and indeed it is in Egypt now
I thank you for caring and quickly solving the problem despite the long distance. All thanks, appreciation and respect, and I am happy to deal with Corsair. You really appreciate your customers, even in the simplest and cheapest products.
I thank you Thanks to everyone helped me

t0p.saad

Reputable
Dec 23, 2018

The problem has been solved, and Corsair is sending a new power, and it is now on its way to Egypt, and indeed it is in Egypt now
I thank you for caring and quickly solving the problem despite the long distance. All thanks, appreciation and respect, and I am happy to deal with Corsair. You really appreciate your customers, even in the simplest and cheapest products.
I thank you

Reactions: refillable

t0p.saad

Reputable
Dec 23, 2018
Hey, this is not normal, and we'd love to get the PSU back for an FA-RMA. We'll cross-ship you a new PSU in the meantime.

Can you send me all your info to redbeard@corsair.com and we'll take care of the rest? Thanks.
The problem has been solved, and Corsair is sending a new power With DHL, and it is now on its way to Egypt, and indeed it is in Egypt now
thank you

Reactions: NightHawkRMX

t0p.saad

Reputable
Dec 23, 2018
@Redbeard
@jonnyguru
is very important please reply What should I do؟
The old power has been replaced by the authorized Corsair dealer in Egypt, Now I received two pieces of a piece from outside Egypt, Corsair sent it
And a piece from inside Egypt, your authorized agent in Egypt sent a piece and sent them the old one
Now I have two new pieces from inside and outside Egypt
I sent an email to you before the shipment left Amsterdam to cancel it, and it has not been answered. Please help, what should I do

@Redbeard
@jonnyguru
is very important please reply What should I do؟
The old power has been replaced by the authorized Corsair dealer in Egypt, Now I received two pieces of a piece from outside Egypt, Corsair sent it
And a piece from inside Egypt, your authorized agent in Egypt sent a piece and sent them the old one
Now I have two new pieces from inside and outside Egypt
I sent an email to you before the shipment left Amsterdam to cancel it, and it has not been answered. Please help, what should I do

This is not really the place for this.

I mean, how did the Egypt rep know about needing the PSU replaced? Did you contact them AND post here in these forums?

Please email redbeard@corsair.com again, like you did before.

Reactions: t0p.saad

t0p.saad

Reputable
Dec 23, 2018
This is not really the place for this.

I mean, how did the Egypt rep know about needing the PSU replaced? Did you contact them AND post here in these forums?

Please email redbeard@corsair.com again, like you did before.
I tried to contact them Corsair agent in Egypt before contacting Corsair , but I could not reach them for one week , so I contacted Corsair and you were faster to respond
I was surprised that there was a response from them a day before sending your shipment and they asked me to send the old power, and a new power will be sent. Indeed, the old power was sent to them, and the new power was shipped from inside Egypt
On the same day that your agent contacted me inside Egypt, I tried to communicate with Corsair, and I sent more than one email to inform you that the shipment was canceled before sending it from Amsterdam, but the response was not received.
Until yesterday, I found a message from Corsair that you have learned that the shipment has been delivered to me, and the response has been made and what is explained.
To confirm what happened, you can view all mail sent to Corsair

Ticket was opened on the Corsair website before creating this post
The post was created after that to make sure that this is a problem or a normal matter and you will find a response
From redbeard, he asked me to send my data, and within my data I sent the complaint number
And two mail were sent to the same mail

Sorry if my English is poor, I am using a translator to answer you

Last edited:
I tried to contact them Corsair agent in Egypt before contacting Corsair , but I could not reach them for one week , so I contacted Corsair and you were faster to respond
I was surprised that there was a response from them a day before sending your shipment and they asked me to send the old power, and a new power will be sent.

Who is "they"? Where did the old power supply go? The Egyptian distributor ("agent") or back to Corsair?

Reactions: t0p.saad

t0p.saad

Reputable
Dec 23, 2018
I was surprised that there was a response from them a day before sending your shipment and they asked me to send the old power, and a new power will be sent. Indeed, the old power was sent to them, and the new power was shipped from inside Egypt
On the same day that your agent contacted me inside Egypt, I tried to communicate with Corsair, and I sent more than one email to inform you that the shipment was canceled before sending it from Amsterdam, but the response was not received.
Until yesterday, I found a message from Corsair that you have learned that the shipment has been delivered to me, and the response has been made and what is explained.
To confirm what happened, you can view all mail sent to Corsair

Ticket was opened on the Corsair website before creating this post
The post was created after that to make sure that this is a problem or a normal matter and you will find a response
From redbeard, he asked me to send my data, and within my data I sent the complaint number
And two mail were sent to the same mail

Sorry if my English is poor, I am using a translator to answer you
Who is "they"? Where did the old power supply go? The Egyptian distributor ("agent") or back to Corsair?
old power supply sent to The Egyptian distributor agent
And for your information, I have sent more than twenty mail to Corsair to inform them of what happened, and I did not find a response
I was reluctant to write what happened here, hoping to find a solution

t0p.saad

Reputable
Dec 23, 2018
Oh.. That's too bad. :(

You've sent "20 emails" to Corsair? How? Do you have a ticket number? If so, PM me the ticket number. If you're emailing a particular address other than redbeard@corsair.com, please PM me with what that email address is.
I have sent more than 6 mailings to this same mail, and I can only find a reply
With an automatic message

mean request Number

How can PM you
This member limits who may view their full profil

Last edited: