Question PSU fan not spinning and makes a ticking 3/4 times ish noises!!

nddz

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2013
this is a new PSU that i assembled today with other PC parts
PSU is CM 650w MWE bronze so what im observing for now is that it tries to start spinning and it doesn't and makes ticking noises , also makes a beeping noise aswell besides the ticking that happens ocasionally when it starts to spin for 5 seconds the noises disappear !
Other new parts R5 2600
B450 tomahawk max
16GB ram
SSD 250gb
is there anything safe i try doing myself before contacting the store that i bought it from to ask for replacement or something. I do have 3 year warranty.

this is a new PSU that i assembled today with other PC parts
PSU is CM 650w MWE bronze so what im observing for now is that it tries to start spinning and it doesn't and makes ticking noises , also makes a beeping noise aswell besides the ticking that happens ocasionally when it starts to spin for 5 seconds the noises disappear !
Other new parts R5 2600
B450 tomahawk max
16GB ram
SSD 250gb
is there anything safe i try doing myself before contacting the store that i bought it from to ask for replacement or something. I do have 3 year warranty.
What video card are you using? If it was me, I'd return the Cooler Master PSU and spend a bit more to get a better quality brand. It's not a good PSU.

nddz

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2013
What video card are you using? If it was me, I'd return the Cooler Master PSU and spend a bit more to get a better quality brand. It's not a good PSU.
Gtx 1050 2gb gigabyte. I don't think i can return it without any reason at this time , cause the PSU has arrived like 3 weeks ago and today i installed all the parts they only allow return after 6 days of payment.

Gtx 1050 2gb gigabyte. I don't think i can return it without any reason at this time , cause the PSU has arrived like 3 weeks ago and today i installed all the parts they only allow return after 6 days of payment.
Power supplies don't generally make beeping sounds. You may have something connected improperly. Check every connection to the PSU and make sure you didn't miss anything. If it still has issues return it for warranty replacement and see if they will let you upgrade to a better brand/model.

nddz

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2013
Power supplies don't generally make beeping sounds. You may have something connected improperly. Check every connection to the PSU and make sure you didn't miss anything. If it still has issues return it for warranty replacement and see if they will let you upgrade to a better brand/model.
it doen't make a beeping sound only when it the fan tries to spin it does beep other that it makes a constant ticking 3 times noise and sometimes stops for seconds and starts again.

nddz

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2013
Make sure the CPU power is connected properly. It's usually at the top left on the motherboard. Also make sure the large 24 pin plug is firmly seated on the motherboard.
I just reseated them and nothing still the same beeps and ticks happening , ill contact the store's team to wich i bought the product and give them a video sample with sound and see what happens. Thanks anyway