Question PSU Fan not working

Jun 20, 2019
So about 9 months ago I bought a Corsair RX 750 PSU.
Now for about the past month I've been getting random shutdowns, and a BSOD saying Driver_stuck_in_device_driver.
Could it be that this fan not spinning be the prime source of my relentless hours of trying to troubleshoot this BSOD?

cpu -Ryzen 7 1800 w/ Corsair H80i v2 Liquid cool
gpu - Radeon Vega x64
32GB RAM
psu - Corsair 750w
mobo - ASUS Prime 470-pro

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2019
This is a new build,
I've uninstalled and reinstalled Radeon drivers.
Used Windows Media Tool to repair any possible corruption.
Reinstalled Windows Oct 2018 update
I'm pounding my head against the wall I've spent countless hours trying to figure this out.
And the only thing I came across as odd was this PSU fan :confused2:

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
There's a switch on the psu. Turns on/off the Eco 'semi-passive' mode. Basically the psu fan will not spin until the psu reaches a certain internal temp, which will happen depending on the loads. For most times, this'll mean 0rpm for almost anything including light load gaming, but switch to heavy load gaming, stress tests etc which seriously increase psu load, and temps go up, fan kicks on hard for a few seconds to cool the psu, then back off. Personally I find this constant ramping aggravating as the fan will be @ 70% rpm for a few seconds, every couple of seconds. I'd rather have the fan at a constant 40% instead. No more ramping up noise.

Some gpus, like my Asus Strix GTX970, have a similar feature. Both settings are disabled in gpu/psu and there's far less noise overall.