[SOLVED] PSU fan was being blocked by a screw. Can I still use it, or better to replace?

Aug 19, 2020
Hey fam,

I recently found a screw in my PSU's fan. It could have been there a few days only, as I was moving the PC around a lot, but also could have been there a few weeks. My computer has been acting up for a while now (high CPU temps), so not sure if it caused any damage. However, I'm getting a new system and was wondering if I could still use the PSU or I should just be safe and get a new one. The model I have is a be quiet! DARK POWER PRO 11 750 Watt.

I googled a bit if there's a way to test a PSU and ended up running OCCT and HWInfo. Would be very grateful if anyone could take a look at it and see if the PSU is still alright. Also, what could be causing such high CPU temps? Might be able to fix that and give the system to someone who can use it. Cheers!

Solution
Did the screw come out of the psu? Might be reason for rma.

Aris says it uses too many screws so maybe it won't mis one :p
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/be-quiet-dark-power-pro-11-850w-power-supply,4140-3.html

Did it just block the fan? With that psu being platinum do i think it might still do fine heatwise.

The Hwinfo picture gives no reason to worry, voltages are well in spec, but it's a software tool so a multimeter should do a better trick. Can even test +12V and +5V with the multimeter when the pc is under load, just use a spare molex connector. Yellow+black for +12V and red+black for +5V.

And yeah temps of the cpu are way too high so do something about that first.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Did the screw come out of the psu? Might be reason for rma.

Aris says it uses too many screws so maybe it won't mis one :p
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/be-quiet-dark-power-pro-11-850w-power-supply,4140-3.html

Did it just block the fan? With that psu being platinum do i think it might still do fine heatwise.

The Hwinfo picture gives no reason to worry, voltages are well in spec, but it's a software tool so a multimeter should do a better trick. Can even test +12V and +5V with the multimeter when the pc is under load, just use a spare molex connector. Yellow+black for +12V and red+black for +5V.

And yeah temps of the cpu are way too high so do something about that first.

Solution