PSU fan won't spin but computer boots and temps are fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

fissuretitan

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2011
This has me worried, using a PC Power and Cooling Silencer 760W
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817703030

Where the fan is supposed to be thermally controlled but this thing won't even spin at idle temp of 35C. Is this normal? I mean know some PSU fans wont turn on until you really start to load it up, but this dead beat operation is starting to nag me.
For further info this was bought less than 1 month ago along with all the other PC components. If i remember correctly it spinned on the first boot, but this is the first time since then i actually checked and it ain't running at all.

Solution

I would say monitor your temps and use it sparingly untill you get a response

cburke82

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2011

im sure he can ask them if its safe or not without sending it back first......I could be wrong on this but think im pretty safe here lol.

cburke82

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2011

I would say monitor your temps and use it sparingly untill you get a response

Solution

fissuretitan

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2011
i guess its broken..just a reply from PC power & cooling:

The PSU fan should be spinning at all times while the system is powered on. If yours is not, there is a problem with the PSU.

We can repair your power supply with an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization):

We are sorry about the issues you have experienced with your PC Power & Cooling product.

Please provide us with the information requested below as a comment to your ticket for RMA processing. Reply to this ticket by clicking on the web link at the bottom of this message at your earliest convenience.

Status
Not open for further replies.