Question PSU faulty

Feb 20, 2019
Hi, my monitor suddenly turned black. I check my system and I noticed the power seems not routed to the gpu (gpufans didnt spin). And the case fans (4 fans) that was connected via mobo's 3pin fan connector didnt move as well. When this happened, I noticed my psu's fan suddenly spins like fast crazy (usually it only spin when it needs to) and produces loud sound. I touched the psu case and notice the temp is higher than normal. psuthat I used is Silverstone SFX 600W 80 Gold. What do you guys think? Is my psu faulty? Thanks!

Edited:

Here's my spec:
CPU: i5-4670
Motherboard: Asrock B85M-ITX
Ram: 2x 8GB DDR3 Value Ram
SSD/HDD: 80GB Intel SSD, 240 Kingston A400 SSD
GPU: Zotac 1060 6GB Mini
PSU: Silverstone SFX 600W
Chassis: QBX Cougar

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system;'s specs. List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

What was the last thing you were doing when your monitor went black?

Feb 20, 2019
Updated the specs in first post

The first time it happened I was playing dying light on max settings. So i thought my gpu is faulty cause it never happened before. But then it just happens randomly:

-After I boot my pc and enter desktop for 1 minutes (happen multiple times)
-When I browse/code a couple hours (happen twice)
-When I stream netflix a couple hours (happen twice)

Of course, every time it happens, I turned off my PC using the plug cause power button suddenly not working, and I had to wait a few minutes before turning it back on or else the system just looping turned on and off multiple times. Reconnecting the cables seems helping but sometimes it's not. There was this one time my system suddenly not detecting my ssd's after it happened and i just reconnected the cables. It works but i'm still not sure what's the true cause.

During my last session it didnt happened at all but this ONLY happened a few sessions. There's no confirmation that it will happen again or not in my next session.

TRENDING THREADS