I am planning to make this build as follows:
AMD RYZEN 5 2600
ASUS GRAPHICS CARD RX 570 4GB GDDR5 ROG STRIX GAMING OC EDITION
WESTERN DIGITAL Green 240GB Internal SSD
WESTERN DIGITAL DESKTOP HARD DRIVE 1TB BLUE
CORSAIR SPEC-05 (ATX) With VS550 SMPS Mid Tower Cabinet
MSI B450 GAMING PLUS Motherboard
Corsair Vengeance Lpx Series - 8GB (8GBx1) DDR4 3000MHz

I was wondering if the psu that comes with the case i.e VS 550 good enough for my build and as you can tell this is a budget build so i am not planning to use multiple gpus. So is this a good enough psu? The same case comes with vs650 too for a bit more money so is going for that a better choice or is it unnecessary?

Also should i wait for the next gen ryzen and navi cards or should i go ahead with this build?

My current build is
i3-540
4gb ram
500gb hdd
no gpu
(it's old af)

Solution
There is a risk with even the best PSUs.
I would say the risk goes up as you go down in quality and this generally goes with price.
That being said....I'm sure the vast majority of VS series units last a long time and I'd bet the one that you buy will too.
I have used totally generic supplies for years in PCs. Granted they were PCs I didn't care much about....but I've gotten 10 years plus out of crap generic PSUs. Although, for my nice gaming PCs....I buy good stuff.

Anonymoux_008

Commendable
Jun 1, 2016

yeah ik about that but i also see that people advice against it in cases where people are using either crossfire or sli... i have no such needs tbh... i am not much of a heavy gamer .... plus i am also on a budget. The current build costs me about 58k INR(Indian Rupee) and the build with vs650 would cost me about 59k INR and my budget is about 60k which is why i am going with a single 8 gig stick too so that i can upgrade in future when i have some extra money

Anonymoux_008

Commendable
Jun 1, 2016

yup i am pretty much under the same impression so what i want to know is that is there any risk in using these PSUs and if i can get a better thing if i can extend my budget a bit.

There is a risk with even the best PSUs.
I would say the risk goes up as you go down in quality and this generally goes with price.
That being said....I'm sure the vast majority of VS series units last a long time and I'd bet the one that you buy will too.
I have used totally generic supplies for years in PCs. Granted they were PCs I didn't care much about....but I've gotten 10 years plus out of crap generic PSUs. Although, for my nice gaming PCs....I buy good stuff.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS