PSU for GTX 980 Ti SC

Skidwurd

Honorable
Jun 12, 2015
So recently I was reading some threads about PSU's, and a lot of people are saying if you have a cheap corsair PSU which I do (CX 750M) You can risk damaging your GPU. Is this true? And If it is what PSU should I get to replace mine? I just bought my 980 Ti its about a month old and I don't want to risk damaging it.

Thanks for the help
-Skidwurd

Solution
System Power Supply Requirements for a single EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti SC
a minimum of a 600 Watt or greater system power supply is recommended. (Minimum system power requirement based on a PC configured with an Intel Core i7 3.2GHz 130 Watt TDP processor.) Your i5-4690 is an 84 Watt TDP processor.
the system power supply must also have a maximum combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 38 Amps or greater (for your system 33 Amps or greater would be recommended)
the system power supply should also have at least one 75-Watt 6-pin and one 150-Watt 8-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.

Total...
System Power Supply Requirements for a single EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti SC
a minimum of a 600 Watt or greater system power supply is recommended. (Minimum system power requirement based on a PC configured with an Intel Core i7 3.2GHz 130 Watt TDP processor.) Your i5-4690 is an 84 Watt TDP processor.
the system power supply must also have a maximum combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 38 Amps or greater (for your system 33 Amps or greater would be recommended)
the system power supply should also have at least one 75-Watt 6-pin and one 150-Watt 8-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.

Total Power Supply Wattage is NOT the crucial factor in power supply selection!!! Sufficient Total Combined Continuous Power/Current Available on the +12V Rail(s) is the most critical factor.

Overclocking of the CPU and/or GPU(s) may require an additional increase to the maximum combined +12 Volt continuous current ratings, recommended above, to meet the increase in power required for the overclock. The additional amount required will depend on the magnitude of the overclock being attempted.

EVGA SuperNOVA 550 G2 (220-G2-0550-Y1)
OEM: Super Flower
maximum combined +12 Volt continuous current rating: 45.8 Amps <===== More than sufficient
one 75-Watt 6-pin and two 150-Watt (6+2)-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors <===== Sufficient
Ambient Temperature Maximum (i.e. without derating): 50°C
Full Modular Output Cables: Yes
Passes Official Intel Haswell Compliance Test: Yes
80 PLUS GOLD Efficiency Certification
7 Year Limited Warranty with registration
Link: https://pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-power-supply-220g20550y1

JonnyGURU.com gave a perfecct 10 in every category when they reviewed the EVGA SuperNOVA 550 G2 (220-G2-0550-Y1):
http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story6&reid=440

Solution