[SOLVED] PSU for my computer!

Jan 24, 2019
Hi, I am building my new PC but I met some problem about power supply.
This is what I got so far: i9-9900k, GTX 1080, MSI MPG Z390 motherboard, 2*8G ddr4, 2tb ssd, 144hz 24.
At first I bought corsair HX750 but somehow I cant connect it to my motherboard.
the motherboard need a 8+4 joint which is not include in my power supply box.
So I thought its just because 8+4 is only for higher power supply and planning to buy a 1000w.
But after I did some research, most people online says 750 or 850 are enough even for OC.
Now I am really confused, is it bc my PSU or my motherboard?

Solution
Motherboard Manual Download Page

Ok. I'm about 95% certain than you only need to connect one of the CPU power connectors; not both. If your power supply has the 8-pin CPU Power (or more likely 4+4 pin), you'll just need to connect that to the 8-pin CPU_PWR1. CPU_PWR2 will remain empty.

Given your build, just about any quality 650 watt PSU would be sufficient. I like (and have) the Seasonic Focus Gold 650.

-Wolf sends

On the other hand, if your power supply only has a 4-pin CPU Power cable, you would connect that to CPU_PWR2 and CPU_PWR1 would remain empty.
Jan 24, 2019

On the box, it says MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC

750W is fine, a good quality 750W like:

Seasonic Focus Plus
EVGA G2 or G3
Corsair RMX

Wolfshadw

Titan
Motherboard Manual Download Page

Ok. I'm about 95% certain than you only need to connect one of the CPU power connectors; not both. If your power supply has the 8-pin CPU Power (or more likely 4+4 pin), you'll just need to connect that to the 8-pin CPU_PWR1. CPU_PWR2 will remain empty.

Given your build, just about any quality 650 watt PSU would be sufficient. I like (and have) the Seasonic Focus Gold 650.

-Wolf sends

On the other hand, if your power supply only has a 4-pin CPU Power cable, you would connect that to CPU_PWR2 and CPU_PWR1 would remain empty.

Solution