[SOLVED] Psu for my pc

Solution
Within that budget, you can easily get a very high quality PSU model. Some examples, Sesonic PRIME/Focus Plus, Corsair AXi, RMx, EVGA Supernova G3, Antec High Current Platinum/HCG gold, and Be Quiet -Straight Power 11, Dark Power Pro P10, and FSP - Aurum PT, Hydro PTM models. Just to name a few

That was just an example. You need to decide the Wattage of the PSU though. If you can afford, then you can grab some higher wattage unit for your RIG, 850 Watts that is.
850 Watts is more than sufficient for that PC, but do NOT buy the COOLMAX PSU model. Most of the coolmax models are of inferior and poor quality. I wouldn't use this brand to power up any Gaming PC. It might also damage other PC components in the long run.

You don't have to buy an 850/1000 Watts PSU to power the RTX 2060 PC. Wattage number is not important. The quality and the make matters. The main concern is the "quality" of the power, the quality of the components used/CAPS, as well as the total AMP drawn on the +12V RAIL (output), the efficiency under load, "ripple suppression", among other factors.

The total wattage number of any PSU is not always really the most important deciding factor, primary concern is the 'quality' of power it produces, and the total capacity of the 12V source etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: david_the_guy

_Cookie_

Commendable
May 12, 2019
850 Watts is sufficient for that PC, but do NOT buy the COOLMAX PSU model. Most of the coolmax models are of inferior and poor quality. I wouldn't use this brand to power up any Gaming PC. It might also damage other PC components in the long run.
i know, i am upgrading from a coolmax to an evga or a seasonic psu

Okay, that's fine then. For which GPU ? The RTX 2060 as listed there ? You can grab any high quality 650 Watts PSU as well, since you won't be needing that much power, IMO, but to have some extra headroom for future upgrades/Overclocking, you can increase the Wattage of the PSU model.

Have you decided which PSU model will you buy, either from EVGA or SEASONIC ? What's your budget. Check out this unit from Seasonic:

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Wr...fied-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-ssr-650fx

This one is from Corsair:

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/2H...-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-cp-9020178-na

_Cookie_

Commendable
May 12, 2019
Okay then. For which GPU ? The RTX 2060 as listed there ? You can grab any high quality 650 Watts PSU as well, since you won't be needing that much power, IMO, but to have some extra headroom for future upgrades/Overclocking, you can increase the Wattage of the PSU model.

Have you decided which PSU model will you buy, either from EVGA or SEASONIC ? What's your budget. Check out this unit from Seasonic:

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Wr...fied-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-ssr-650fx

Yes it is for the RTX 2060. I am probably going to buy a PSU from evga and I would like to overclock. my budget is $300.00.

Within that budget, you can easily get a very high quality PSU model. Some examples, Sesonic PRIME/Focus Plus, Corsair AXi, RMx, EVGA Supernova G3, Antec High Current Platinum/HCG gold, and Be Quiet -Straight Power 11, Dark Power Pro P10, and FSP - Aurum PT, Hydro PTM models. Just to name a few

That was just an example. You need to decide the Wattage of the PSU though. If you can afford, then you can grab some higher wattage unit for your RIG, 850 Watts that is.

Solution

_Cookie_

Commendable
May 12, 2019
Within that budget, you can easily get a very high quality PSU model. Some examples, Sesonic Focus Plus, Corsair RMx, EVGA Supernova G3, Antec High Current Platinum/HCG gold, and Be Quiet -Straight Power 11, Dark Power Pro P10 Models.

Ok, Thanks

Reactions: Metal Messiah.