[SOLVED] PSU for RTX 2060 Super ?

Oct 17, 2021
Hi
I have to buy a new PSU for my PC:
RTX 2060 Super
r5 3600

What would you recommend to buy? I don't wanna make my PSU burn GPU again....
TIA

Solution
SeaSonic PRIME SNOWSILENT is too expensive for me... Can you propose some more cheap? can be 550W, I don't think i will have to upgrade my PC any time soon, due to lack of time for gaming in near future.
PS.

In Poland we have western prices of electronic stuff, but average salary definitely isn't western.....
This is the PSU Tiers list here. See if any one of the Tier A or B 550W are available in Poland that matches your budget.

Others might have suggestions too, especially people from Poland who know the market and what's avilable there.

Not that anything is wrong with it but I'm not from the West either so I know what you mean.

Anyway, whatever you chose, withing your bucget bracket of course , get the best unit...

jnxzi94

Commendable
Jul 13, 2021
I would like the second option. My current PSU is kinda dangerous to use now, and it probably burnt my GPU couple of months ago. Also I don't have plans to upgrade my PC soon.

These are fine, just get the one you can get for cheaper at your location, but take a note 750W is almost same price and you can definitely do upgrades with it.

• Corsair 750W RM750x (2018)
  • Seasonic 650W FOCUS GX-650

Reactions: HaS3n
would be fine on a tier A or B 450w or 550w if you want lots of headroom.

I hope that OP will not come back to ask about unexpected reboots then. 600W or GTFO.

Also if OP want to upgrade GPU later - let say Intel Ark will be success and Nvidia/AMD graphic card manufacturers suddenly will feel obliged to drop prices a bit - then it is worth to think about something 650W+.

Oct 17, 2021
What country/webshop?
Its poland
What is this dangerous PSU's exact make and model? What about the rest of the system? Knowing all the specs would help!
Its SPC vero l3 600w or Supremo M2 550W, I am not sure about it, because i lost box somewhere...
The rest of config includes One ssd sata, One ssd m2, 16GB RAM 3000.
PSU's fan is making loud "cracking" noise on low RPM, and i had GPU small memory leak failure some time ago and I think it might be PSU's job

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
Its poland

Its SPC vero l3 600w or Supremo M2 550W, I am not sure about it, because i lost box somewhere...
The rest of config includes One ssd sata, One ssd m2, 16GB RAM 3000.
PSU's fan is making loud "cracking" noise on low RPM, and i had GPU small memory leak failure some time ago and I think it might be PSU's job

Right. There should be a sticker on the PSU identifying it brad, model, and output specifications and all.

A good quality 550W should be plenty.

Reactions: HaS3n
Oct 17, 2021
Right. There should be a sticker on the PSU identifying it brad, model, and output specifications and all.

A good quality 550W should be plenty.
Can you tell exact model? I know <Mod Edit> about PSUs.

These are fine, just get the one you can get for cheaper at your location, but take a note 750W is almost same price and you can definitely do upgrades with it.

• Corsair 750W RM750x (2018)
  • Seasonic 650W FOCUS GX-650

thank you all for help!

Last edited by a moderator:

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
Can you tell exact model? I know <Mod Edit> about PSUs.

thank you all for help!
Those two jnxzi94 introduced are good but more than you need. The 650W is closer but more than you need unless you're planning to upgrade to a 3000 series graphics card later then it's not a bad idea to have the headroom.
You can also consider SeaSonic PRIME SNOWSILENT the 550W version here if available and matches your budget. It has gold efficiency rating and from a good Tier from a reputable manufacturer and it's fully modular.

Oct 17, 2021
Those two jnxzi94 introduced are good but more than you need. The 650W is closer but more than you need unless you're planning to upgrade to a 3000 series graphics card later then it's not a bad idea to have the headroom.
You can also consider SeaSonic PRIME SNOWSILENT the 550W version here if available and matches your budget. It has gold efficiency rating and from a good Tier from a reputable manufacturer and it's fully modular.
SeaSonic PRIME SNOWSILENT is too expensive for me... Can you propose some more cheap? can be 550W, I don't think i will have to upgrade my PC any time soon, due to lack of time for gaming in near future.
PS.

In Poland we have western prices of electronic stuff, but average salary definitely isn't western.....

Reactions: Krotow

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
PS.

This is the PSU Tiers list here. See if any one of the Tier A or B 550W are available in Poland that matches your budget.

Others might have suggestions too, especially people from Poland who know the market and what's avilable there.

Not that anything is wrong with it but I'm not from the West either so I know what you mean.

Anyway, whatever you chose, withing your bucget bracket of course , get the best unit possible. A cheap or low quality PSU might cause more damage than the premium you'd have to pay now to get a better one.

Reactions: Krotow
Solution
Oct 17, 2021

Anyway, whatever you chose, withing your bucget bracket of course , get the best unit possible. A cheap or low quality PSU might cause more damage than the premium you'd have to pay now to get a better one.
Thank you so much, I will choose something from this list. Once again, I am glad you helped me! Have a great time