PSU fried. Any way to check the damage on other components?

pavlic23

Commendable
Oct 18, 2016
First off sorry for my bad English it's mot my native language. Now my problem happened last night i was playing games on my computer when it suddenly turned off on its own. I tried to turn it on and a loud bang could be heard from my computer and white smoke came from my PSU. I took yhe PSU out off my computer and now i am afraid that my other components coud be dead i checked to see if there is any sings of fire on other components and there is none. Is there a way to check if there is any damage to other components while i wait to buy a new PSU?

Solution
A couple things you can check right away before hooking up another power supply is bulged capacitors or integrated circuits that have odd marks in them (raised circles,etc) on the motherboard. Those are usually telltale signs of damaged components. Even if all of that looks okay, there is no guarantee that the components are still okay.

bloodroses

Distinguished
A couple things you can check right away before hooking up another power supply is bulged capacitors or integrated circuits that have odd marks in them (raised circles,etc) on the motherboard. Those are usually telltale signs of damaged components. Even if all of that looks okay, there is no guarantee that the components are still okay.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS