Question Psu fried gpu?

Feb 19, 2021
so i got a new psu Corsair CX550F RGB and i pulled my old psu out and put the new psu in it connected everything again since its a full modular psu and my pc doesnt turn on... all fans are on all rgb everything but the gpu is just clicking and no display... was it my psu that fried my gpu Or was it just my gpu that was on its last breath...

gpu cpu :

evga gtx 960 sc
i5-4690 non k

i wanna know if my psu fried my gpu before i buy a new gpu

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2021
What was the make/model of the old PSU? I assume it died, and that was the reason for the new one?
idk what it was... i bought this pc for 380 and the psu that came with it died and i put my old pcs psu in it and it worked fine and today that i put the new one in the fan just kinda clicks but the psu itself works fine with both pcs.. all fans work all rgb everything works and i cant use the other pc i have bcz it doesnt have a integrated gpu and the psu belonging to my old pc is now in the old pc and everything still works fine so the old psu was never the problem but when i got the new one my pc worked fine i turn it off put everything in and just tk tk tk tk clicking noise... i dont wanna spend like 300 on a 1650 for it to instantly die too :C