Question PSU Fried my parts need help, thank you

Aug 4, 2022
ok so I did the rookie move by plugging in my old PSU cables into my new PSU, only just found out ur are not meant to do that.

however my pc still works but my HDD is fried, which is no problem for me as I can get a new one and re-download the stuff. the problem I have is that it seems that the only things that have been fried are whatever was connected to the SATA power cable that I used. so only the HDD and my AIO.

currently, my AIO turns on and has no problems other than the RGB lights on the fans and the pump head is not working.

I was wondering if I should just buy a new AIO and completely swap it out or should i just buy 3 new fans and put them in to replace the fried ones?

thank you

my parts are

CPU - R5 5600x
AIO - tt 360 RGB AIO
RAM - 16GB G skill
GPU - 2070 gigabyte
PSU - TT 850W 80+ gold RGB

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Might want to mention the specs to the entire build. Also, very likely the PSU is conked out or everything it was connected to. So you're going to have to swap out parts with a known working system and see which one comes out as the culprit.

my parts are

CPU - R5 5600x
AIO - tt 360 RGB AIO
RAM - 16GB G skill
GPU - 2070 gigabyte
PSU - TT 850W 80+ gold RGB

yea so the pc works fine and boots with no trouble, just the parts connected to the SATA cable are fried

Lutfij

Titan
I edited my post before you posted, mind you... :)

If you're not overclocking on the processor, you're going to be fine with the stock cooler. Sorry to hear you lost your AIO and drives. I sincerely hope that the PSU didn't conk other parts of your build. I've had an incident about 2 decades ago whereby I used a bad quality PSU, knocked itself out but over a span of 2 years, every part that was connected to the bad PSU died, in spite of sourcing a reliably built PSU to power the rest of the components that looked fine.

Aug 4, 2022
I edited my post before you posted, mind you... :)

If you're not overclocking on the processor, you're going to be fine with the stock cooler. Sorry to hear you lost your AIO and drives. I sincerely hope that the PSU didn't conk other parts of your build. I've had an incident about 2 decades ago whereby I used a bad quality PSU, knocked itself out but over a span of 2 years, every part that was connected to the bad PSU died, in spite of sourcing a reliably built PSU to power the rest of the components that looked fine.

yea thank you, yea very happy it was only them two, tbh don't care about the HDD as it only had games on it and can easily re-download it. damn that sucks. yea thought about that, but the thing is the fans work fine other than the RGB, just my OCD going crazy