Question PSU from XILENCE makes worrying electric noise when playing games from recent years

Aug 10, 2020
my pc can easily play games such as monster hunter world but it's the sound my psu makes that's concerning. i have searched the internet for an answer but i found nothing so i'll make a thread.

View: https://youtu.be/zAFuvIXSJ2I

i have a ryzen 5 2600 cpu and a gtx 1660 gpu. i know little about pc's so i'll let you guys ask any other questions.

note that once i apply pressure, the sound from my psu just stops or gets less loud.

Aug 10, 2020
Xilence PSUs are poor quality. I advise you to replace it before it fails and damages something.

Replace it with a Seasonic, Corsair or EVGA unit.
Thanks! im going to buy a seasonic psu with 650w instead of 500w which the XILENCE one has. i hope i wont have to hear god awful noise again.

my pc can easily play games such as monster hunter world but it's the sound my psu makes that's concerning. i have searched the internet for an answer but i found nothing so i'll make a thread.
Which Xilence PSU?

Xilence PSUs are poor quality. I advise you to replace it before it fails and damages something.

Replace it with a Seasonic, Corsair or EVGA unit.
Xilence has some good units and some bad units.

Seasonic, Corsair and EVGA has some good units and some bad units.

Thanks! im going to buy a seasonic psu with 650w instead of 500w which the XILENCE one has. i hope i wont have to hear god awful noise again.
Your problem is not solved with higher wattage. That's a waste of money.

List your full system specs.

ASK THE COMMUNITY