Question psu get hot while playing call of duty modernwarfare

Ihavenoname123

Prominent
Aug 7, 2019
Hey when i play call of duty modern warfare my psu get really hot.

my specs are
amd rx580 8gb
intel core i5 7400
8gb ram
1hdd
1ssd
Seasonic S12II Series 620

4745454b

Titan
How are you measuring the heat?

The PSU is a bronze unit and at best will only be ~85% effiecent at converting AC to DC. This means ~15% of the electricity will be "lost" as heat. So some heat is to be expected. Make sure you have some case fans and the air flow in the case is good. That will draw the heat away. But you are going to get heat, more so with that 580.

Reactions: PC Tailor

Ihavenoname123

Prominent
Aug 7, 2019
How are you measuring the heat?

The PSU is a bronze unit and at best will only be ~85% effiecent at converting AC to DC. This means ~15% of the electricity will be "lost" as heat. So some heat is to be expected. Make sure you have some case fans and the air flow in the case is good. That will draw the heat away. But you are going to get heat, more so with that 580.
ie measuring the heat with my hands and i feels heat. i know that it is normal that a full load psu feels hot but i have never get this amount of heat. the rest of my pc tempatures are fine.

Ihavenoname123

Prominent
Aug 7, 2019
The fan is working but it don't spins fast. The room temp is 25 degrees and I have only one fan in the back of the case under the PSU. And I have a bad case will a new case working. Like a nzxt s340

Last edited:
The fan is working but it don't spins fast. The room temp is 25 degrees and I have only one fan in the back of the case under the PSU. And I have a bad case will a new case working. Like a nzxt s340

So, in other words, other than one exhaust fan in your case, your counting on the PSU's fan exhausting all of the heat out of your PC? Yeah.. that sucks.

Isn't there any room in the front of the case to put an intake fan?

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Or as you asked,yes another case like the one you sugested would also help. The psu would be able to suck in fresh air from the bottom and that case comes with two fans which is already better than what you have now for exhausting warm air out of the case.

4745454b

Titan
You might be able to move wires around and maybe add a fan to make things better now. And for less than a new case if the one you have otherwise works for you.

Why are you worried about the heat? Are you experiencing anything bad happening? I'm just wondering if you even have an issue. Keeping that PSU cool should be a goal for you seeing as it's not that good. But if all is well otherwise I wouldn't let your worrying get too out of hand.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Means his case has the psu at the top,maybe will not make a difference that aditional heat it takes in,but another case should help at least with that added heat besides what the psu looses by efficiency.