PSU, GPU, and motherboard problems.

willsage

Commendable
Dec 31, 2016
Hello! I have a few questions regarding some of the components of my lenovo thinkcentre m82. I recently developed an interest in gaming so I decided to upgrade the computer. I purchased the following components:

NVIDIA Geforce GT 730 2GB
Intel Core i5 2400 3.10GHz
IBM Lenovo ThinkCentre M82 M92 Small Form Motherboard 4551-000830-00 IS7XM

There are multiple issues. The first issue I encountered was when I was installing the motherboard, I realized that the PSU has something like a 24 pin connector but the motherboard has a 14 pin connector. So I just put the graphics card in the old motherboard and turned the computer on. I installed the display driver but occasionally, the screen went black for a short moment then I see a notification that says "Display driver stopped responding but has recovered". I tried everything to fix it but nothing works. Before I contact the seller for a replacement, I would like to know if the PSU is not giving it enough power or something. Also, the graphics card fan makes a pulsing sound. Thanks!

Solution
Will give you full power.

https://www.amazon.com/Best-Compute-Adapter-Servers-Premium/dp/B0163KB3L0/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1483196788&sr=1-1&keywords=14+pin+to+24+pin
14 pin to 24 pin Lenovo IBM adapter to fully power your system.