Question PSU Halp pls!

Mar 30, 2019
Looking for a PSU for my twin Titan X Pascal gaming build.
5820k 4.5Ghz oc on all cores, 32Gb ram, 1 ssd and 2 7200 rpm hdd.

Looking at Tom's hardware psu recommendations, they're saying I probably won't need a 1000w psu, 800 should be fine, but using one of the psu calculators, the Seasonic one, recommended I should atleast get a 1200w. Also, is plat rating worth it over gold?

I am lost, and would appreciate the advice. Also looking for brands that are good that won't break the bank... too much.

TLDR:800w VS 1200w for my setup, good brand recommendations, is plat rating worth it over gold?

4745454b

Titan
If I've got my parts right, you are looking at ~650W in max gaming power draw. That's a bit much for an 800W, so I see nothing wrong with getting a 1kW PSU. If you find a great 800W for a great price you can get that. But you'll be pushing it pretty hard.

Is it worth it? Maybe. Gold rated is really the sweet spot right now. A quality Gold rated unit should provide anything you need. Above gold is nice, but doesn't really provide anything other than better efficency. I'm sure there is an exception or two out there, but this is a general rule.