[SOLVED] PSU has not enough watts or is GPU broken?

knesl.krystof

Prominent
Nov 19, 2018
I built my first pc a few days ago. I had one problem with it - the display didn't work. I tried a different GPU, some old nvidia card with no psu plug, and the pc booted just fine. Now I'm not really sure how to identify the problem here. I tried asking around here and some were saying that PSU might be the problem - that 450W is not enough for the build (specs below) but some also said the GPU might be the culprit. What do you think? Where is the problem/How do I identify the problem? Thanks a lot.

Specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 1200
Motherboard: Asus Prime A320M-K
GPU: Asus Expedition RX570 OC 4GB
PSU: Corsair VS450
Ram: HyperX 8GB 2666MHz DDR4
SSD: Patriot P200 512GB
Case: Zalman T3

Solution
Your PSU is of questionable quality, but it should be able to power your system. Can you try the RX 570 in another system? Could help isolate the problem.

knesl.krystof

Prominent
Nov 19, 2018
Your PSU is of questionable quality, but it should be able to power your system. Can you try the RX 570 in another system? Could help isolate the problem.
Good call. I put the GPU into my other PC and it ran just fine. Do you think that's because the PSU's broken or that 450W is not enough? Because I actually put the GPU in a different PC that has only 475W and I use it with a GTX 1060 6GB, so it seems to me like it's enough. What do you think?