[SOLVED] Psu heat

JasonNs_

Proper
Sep 22, 2020
Please keep it to 1 thread
Hi so I've a psu that doesn't have an efficiency rating, and its 650w and has multiple protections except OTP, btw I'm going to put it in low end system i3 9100f and a gt 1030, should I be concerned about heat ?

Solution
the Corsair's CX has 2 variants - great wall (GW) and CWT ; the reviews made me prefer CWT and tbh it's pretty quiet even on 85-95% load. I don't feel like the fan 'd fail easily.
How better can be EVGA bq's bearing than the rifle's one of Corsair? I don't think it's FDB.

really? interesting. What makes them better than Corsair CX's ones?
I meant quality of fan, but yeah it's good anyway, Rifle bearing in Great Wall and Hydrodynamic in CWT, but EVGA650BQ has Teflon nano bearing , that's only about it
really? interesting. What makes them better than Corsair CX's ones?
so EVGA have NCC and Teapo when CX have NCC/Rubycon and ... Elite ... I dont really trust them, even if it's good series of capacitors, Elite is Elite

DSzymborski

Titan
While you're likely to be OK-ish since it's a very lower power system, as a rule I -- and many others -- will not issue any such advice without knowing the exact PSU, not a vague description of some of its claimed features. And that goes double when there are signs that it's a very low quality power supply.

Reactions: falcon291

JasonNs_

Proper
Sep 22, 2020
Ah... Probably why a lot of people use Mercury. The company is based in Dubai. Most of the good PSU companies are based in Europe, Taiwan or the U.S. and, unfortunately, the middle East isn't on their radar.
Sadly, do you think xigmatek or huntkey worth it over mercury ? since we have a lot of Xigmatek and huntkey powersupplies too

JasonNs_

Proper
Sep 22, 2020
The EVGA BQ is hardly an amazing PSU, but it runs circles around your current option and the choices you gave. It can actually be considered a power supply, not a power supply-shaped object.
Can i know how yall know which AMAZING psu or TERRIBLE ? since im confused because everyone says different ? i just check the website specs like protections etc ...
2nd question when you say its terrible or low quality, do you mean it will blow up ? or fail ?