[SOLVED] Psu heat

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JasonNs_

Proper
Sep 22, 2020
Please keep it to 1 thread
Hi so I've a psu that doesn't have an efficiency rating, and its 650w and has multiple protections except OTP, btw I'm going to put it in low end system i3 9100f and a gt 1030, should I be concerned about heat ?

Solution
the Corsair's CX has 2 variants - great wall (GW) and CWT ; the reviews made me prefer CWT and tbh it's pretty quiet even on 85-95% load. I don't feel like the fan 'd fail easily.
How better can be EVGA bq's bearing than the rifle's one of Corsair? I don't think it's FDB.

really? interesting. What makes them better than Corsair CX's ones?
I meant quality of fan, but yeah it's good anyway, Rifle bearing in Great Wall and Hydrodynamic in CWT, but EVGA650BQ has Teflon nano bearing , that's only about it
really? interesting. What makes them better than Corsair CX's ones?
so EVGA have NCC and Teapo when CX have NCC/Rubycon and ... Elite ... I dont really trust them, even if it's good series of capacitors, Elite is Elite
You got a point but, you understand what i mean like, no one made a review or a big youtuber reviewed it, and its not that popular, so i guess ill go with Xigmatek one cuz its new.

I haven't seen anyone on youtube actually reviewing PSUs (with proper equipment). It's not popular because is most likely made to sell only on the asian market... still, in the Vietnamese review I linked the guy uses proper equipment to test it.

JasonNs_

Proper
Sep 22, 2020
Absolutely, yes. The Seasonic is a higher quality model. Are you sure 650 watts is the proper amount of power for your system? You could list the system specs here to be sure.
I'm sure it's more than enough, it i5 9400f, GTX 1660, 16 GIGS ram, Asus b360mk mobo and deep cool matrexx 55 mesh case

If SeaSonic didn't think it would last 7 years, they wouldn't warranty it for this long. It should last for 7 years as long as its not abused.

The only thing that I would think might not last a long time would be the sleeve bearing PSU fan, however SeaSonic warranties this part if it fails within 7 years.

In USA i would say that isn't a great price, but markets are different where you are.

In usa you can get the superior SeaSonic Focus Gold 650 for about the same price, or the Antec Earthwatts Gold Pro (Rebadged SeaSonic Focus Gold 650) for a little less. They are semi modular which is nice too.

However, I don't know if they would be available where you are.

JasonNs_

Proper
Sep 22, 2020
In USA i would say that isn't a great price, but markets are different where you are.

In usa you can get the superior SeaSonic Focus Gold 650 for about the same price, or the Antec Earthwatts Gold Pro (Rebadged SeaSonic Focus Gold 650) for a little less. They are semi modular which is nice too.

However, I don't know if they would be available where you are.
Nah they will be never available in my country, i guess this was a good move lol.

JasonNs_

Proper
Sep 22, 2020
Is the Deepcool DN650 worth it ? its worrying me so much since its so cheap, and for some reason i think its dangerous to put it into a system, and please dont tell me to check PSU tierlist since i dont trust it, most of the PSUs were not tested there.

Is the Deepcool DN650 worth it ? its worrying me so much since its so cheap, and for some reason i think its dangerous to put it into a system, and please dont tell me to check PSU tierlist since i dont trust it, most of the PSUs were not tested there.

There's a reason why it is so cheap:

05.jpg

Group regulated crappy unit... just terrible.

Speaking of the tier list, even though there are no reviews for some of the units it's still a great guide. Depending on the topology, components selection and so on these PSUs can still be classified... sure a review will be more comprehensive, but it still won't test reliability. Just looking at some internal shots of the units gives you a good idea about what you should expect.

Also, why are you asking about such a crap PSU when you supposedly bought a Seasonic Core GX?... I assure you that going by that tier list you'll be getting a much better unit compared to what you chose so far.

JasonNs_

Proper
Sep 22, 2020
There's a reason why it is so cheap:

05.jpg

Group regulated crappy unit... just terrible.

Speaking of the tier list, even though there are no reviews for some of the units it's still a great guide. Depending on the topology, components selection and so on these PSUs can still be classified... sure a review will be more comprehensive, but it still won't test reliability. Just looking at some internal shots of the units gives you a good idea about what you should expect.

Also, why are you asking about such a crap PSU when you supposedly bought a Seasonic Core GX?... I assure you that going by that tier list you'll be getting a much better unit compared to what you chose so far.
i bought the seasonic gx one, but i like to know more about PSUs, and how to classify them.

bignastyid

Titan
i bought the seasonic gx one, but i like to know more about PSUs, and how to classify them.