psu help please

Solution
Yeah XFX PSUs are built by Seasonic.
Read here for more on PSUs http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/power-supply-oem-manufacturer,2913.html

I would go with a Seasonic (X-series, or Platinum) or Corsair (RM, HX, AX, AXi) for a good and reliable power supply.

No 650W is not too much for your build. You can't get a supply that is too powerful for your build, it more you get a power supply that is too small (in this case a 300W psu would be a bad idea). Or you get a power supply that is ridiculous for this build like a 1200W, while that would power it just fine and work, it is expensive and your system won't draw that much. And to add food for thought, a system like that I would guess to draw about 500W-550W so if you bought a 650W PSU...

XFX PSUs are manufactured by Seasonic, which means that they're made by the best of the best. You could probably get away with as low as 500 watts, but if you want to leave room to expand later on, get the 650 instead.

fixer762

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013
Yeah XFX PSUs are built by Seasonic.
Read here for more on PSUs http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/power-supply-oem-manufacturer,2913.html

I would go with a Seasonic (X-series, or Platinum) or Corsair (RM, HX, AX, AXi) for a good and reliable power supply.

No 650W is not too much for your build. You can't get a supply that is too powerful for your build, it more you get a power supply that is too small (in this case a 300W psu would be a bad idea). Or you get a power supply that is ridiculous for this build like a 1200W, while that would power it just fine and work, it is expensive and your system won't draw that much. And to add food for thought, a system like that I would guess to draw about 500W-550W so if you bought a 650W PSU the system would only draw about 85% at full load. So 650W would be fine.

If you plan on more upgrades like a second video card down the road to SLI, Nvidia recommends an 850W PSU minimum that can supply 62 amps on the 12V+ rail. With a second video card a 1000W PSU would make sense with overclocks and a bunch of other hardware.

Solution