PSU help please

skandrake03

Prominent
Mar 11, 2018
My PSU got fried. Getting a new one but not sure what.

Current build is

Intel i5 4k series
MSI Z97 Gaming 5
2x G Skill Ripjaw DDR3 4G
NVIDIA GeForce 1080 Ti
1x SSD
1x 1TB Harddisk
1x CD/DVD Optical Drive
Sound BlasterX Ae-5
2x 24inch Monitor

The list above is to the best of my knowledged, not sure where to look on the physical item to be specific.

The PSU that got fried was Seasonic M12II-750 Bronze

Solution
RMi 650W
Its an estimated wattage as for CPU it may be 88W it may be less, factors are depended.
Good thing is always see like on tomshardwre wattage per product.
1080Ti can spike up to 300W without issue, that can cause stutters and etc.
Headroom is always good as it doesnt stess the PSU out, from my perspective.

For information if PSU says its 650W it might be true 650W it might be 600W.

I might be wrong but this is my opinion.
(just FYI, dont take me wrong)
aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9IL1AvNjU3NzA5L29yaWdpbmFsLzAwLVBvd2VyLUNvbnN1bXB0aW9uLnBuZw==

skandrake03

Prominent
Mar 11, 2018
https://photos.app.goo.gl/7kcjvMUhukYP23P73

Not sure if you can see the pic above but if I think about, this PSU would be in it's 3rd year with me.

I asking because I read that when it comes to PSU, it's not that easy just to buy a big one with platinum or titanium rating. That it would be better to calculate the Watts the system need and then get the suitable PSU that deliver a continuous Watt close to the system needs. (Was watching YouTube video by LinusTech and JayTwoCents).

At least that is what I interpreted from that. Unfortunately I have no way or idea on how to go about it. Sorry for not being clear. Is the one recommended on previous post suitable?

In picture clearly the caps are blown or overused, transformer melted as i see (probably plastic wrapping or heat insulator).
Well evga has G2 or G3 at lower wattage at peak 1080Ti can up to 300W that around 650W or 600W with some headroom if you dont oc i5 heavily with other components.

skandrake03

Prominent
Mar 11, 2018

A friend of mine told be about PC Part Picker.
This is the full build,so i have a 467W.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/H2YNNQ
I mostly multi-task and do some heavy gaming, like currently FF XV.

As for the PSU, I would need to order it online and wait a few days. I can't afford that.
The nearest and best shop has this list
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jkxeho7zgvpsnk4/AABkZc_oaTTSMW6e5GaT0_sXa?dl=0&preview=PCTPRICELIST+03.03.18.pdf.

If you would be so kind to look at them and recommed one for me. If its too much hassle, its ok. I'll figure it out or ask the shop assistant for advice when I go down in about 4 hours time.

RMi 650W
Its an estimated wattage as for CPU it may be 88W it may be less, factors are depended.
Good thing is always see like on tomshardwre wattage per product.
1080Ti can spike up to 300W without issue, that can cause stutters and etc.
Headroom is always good as it doesnt stess the PSU out, from my perspective.

For information if PSU says its 650W it might be true 650W it might be 600W.

I might be wrong but this is my opinion.
(just FYI, dont take me wrong)
aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9IL1AvNjU3NzA5L29yaWdpbmFsLzAwLVBvd2VyLUNvbnN1bXB0aW9uLnBuZw==

Solution