Question psu help :)

Apr 27, 2019
Ayyo bruthers so I ordered my pc parts but because of some personal stuffs i ain't got the money for the psu at this time so i was just wondering if i would be able to use my current psu with my new parts here for about a month when i get paid again
these be the parts i orde
I also have a gtx 1050 ti from msi i'm going to be using for this month because my brother buying a 2080 ti so i just get his old 1070 ti
but i was just wondering if i would be able to use that setup up top there + 1050 ti with my corsair vs 450w 80+ psu until next month
bbeucase like i already have the parts just dont have the money for a psu because of some personal issues i had to take caree of

Lutfij

Titan
I wouldn't pair that VS series PSU with anything that is remotely close to a computer. It's a horrible unit. IMHO, if you value your investments on the PC, and want to upgrade down the road, pick up a good quality PSU with a little more wattage than you need.

Lutfij

Titan
I wouldn't pair that VS series PSU with anything that is remotely close to a computer. It's a horrible unit. IMHO, if you value your investments on teh PC, and want to upgrade down the road, pick up a good quality PSU with a little more wattage than you need.

Apr 27, 2019
I wouldn't pair that VS series PSU with anything that is remotely close to a computer. It's a horrible unit. IMHO, if you value your investments on teh PC, and want to upgrade down the road, pick up a good quality PSU with a little more wattage than you need.
alright thank you brother if there a psu you could recommend for this kinda setup? I was going to buy the evga supernova g3 650w

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
I've seen issues with EVGA Supernova G3 and G2 units, so, i'd avoid them. Instead, for a good quality PSU, i suggest getting any Seasonic unit, in 600W range. E.g: Focus 650 (80+ Gold), Focus+ 650 (80+ Gold), PRIME SnowSilent 650 (80+ Platinum) or PRIME Ultra 650 (80+ Titanium),
pcpp: https://pcpartpicker.com/products/compare/WrNypg,qn7v6h,yJgzK8,fnjJ7P/

Warranty wise:
Focus: 7 years
Focus+: 10 years
PRIME: 12 years (includes all PRIME models: regular, Fanless, AirTouch, SnowSilent, Ultra)

All my 3 PCs: Skylake, Haswell and AMD are also powered by Seasonic while i have the PRIME 650 (80+ Titanium) unit in Skylake build. Full specs with pics in my sig.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Everybody has issues. Everybody has failure rates. Some just have less than others. Seasonic issues in the Prime series happen to be with the price tag. For most pc's, the Primes are way over priced and unnecessary, even as good as they are. The cheaper focus/focus+ gold are plenty good and on par with the Corsair RMx and Evga G2/G3.
I own a Seasonic M12-II and a Evga G2, both have been flawless for the last 6 years.

Reactions: Banned by Net

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Everybody has issues. Everybody has failure rates. Some just have less than others. Seasonic issues in the Prime series happen to be with the price tag. For most pc's, the Primes are way over priced and unnecessary, even as good as they are. The cheaper focus/focus+ gold are plenty good and on par with the Corsair RMx and Evga G2/G3.
I own a Seasonic M12-II and a Evga G2, both have been flawless for the last 6 years.
Seasonic PRIME series (especially 80+ Titanium) is the best money can buy at current date and with that, you'll get premium price. Then again, some people want the best of the best, hence why i keep the PRIME series part of my PSU suggestion.