[SOLVED] PSU help!

Ravz

Prominent
Jan 28, 2020
Hello,
This is the spec sheet of the system https://outervision.com/b/ImwI7o and the motherboard is M5A78L-M/USB3

I am giving away this PC to a cousin for some FPS gaming, I need some help with the PSU in a budget.

What do you guys prefer among Corsair VS series or Cooler Master MWE?

Lutfij

Titan
We will need specs to your entire system. List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

^ include your existing PSU's make and model and it's age.

Also, where are you located and what is your budget for the PSU purchase? Preferred site for purchase? I wouldn't go for either PSU series, you've mentioned above, not until I know what they will drive in the long run.

Ravz

Prominent
Jan 28, 2020
We will need specs to your entire system. List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

^ include your existing PSU's make and model and it's age.

Also, where are you located and what is your budget for the PSU purchase? Preferred site for purchase? I wouldn't go for either PSU series, you've mentioned above, not until I know what they will drive in the long run.

CPU: FX-6300
Motherboard: M5A78L-M/USB3
Ram: 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz
SSD/HDD: 2x7200RPM HDD
GPU: GTX 750Ti
PSU: None
Chassis: Basic Cooler Master

I am from India and this would be my preferred site for purchase https://mdcomputers.in/ .

Ravz

Prominent
Jan 28, 2020
if you plan to upgrade the video card, 550W should be plenty.
less if you stick with the GTX 750 Ti as it draws most of it's power from the PCI-E bus

No I have no plan to upgrade the system and want to give it away as is. And yes the GPU has no external connector, so it draws all the power from the PCI-E.

Also will a 450W PSU be enough to power the system and have no issues while being on load on gaming?

Well I checked the availability of few PSU's ranging from 450 and 550 as below

CM MWE 550 - 45USD
CX 450 - 48USD
Antec NeoEco 550M - 55USD
CM MWE 550 v2 - 57USD
CX 550 - 62USD

What do you prefer among these since I want to keep the budget as low as possible.

Ravz

Prominent
Jan 28, 2020
Yes, a system like that is unlikely to use more than 250-300 watts so it should be fine to push it a bit. Make sure you have adequate cooling for the CPU.
Yeah sure will take your pointers. All I'm doing is undervolting between 1.25 to 1.3V and overclock around 3.8-4.0GHz. And I hope the PSU will withstand it.