Question psu help

ImScrandii

Commendable
May 2, 2019
Hey guys, i just bought this pc:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/ibuypo...4gb-240gb-ssd-1tb-hdd/6428883.p?skuId=6428883

it runs really well on every game i have going so far so thats great! I also upgraded to 16gb ram which is dope but my problem is that the psu is super loud while gaming. Im new to the pc scene so im trying to figure out which psu i have.. i opened it up and it seems to be in a case, in the case. If that makes any sense. No screws going to it or anything that i can see to get to it. Its weird. Anyways, does anyne know what psu comes with this one stock?
Also, i heard its 400w, would that be enough for the 1650 super or should i be worried about it failing or something. If so, any advice on what psu to upgrade to?

all advice is appreciated! Thank you!

Adam0ne

Proper
Feb 9, 2021
Open the other door panel. It should expose everything behind the mother board and the PSU on the bottom. At that price point, the psu could be their own brand/supply. 400w would work. Wouldn't hurt to upgrade to a better PSU. It should be based on what future upgrades you're planning. Like what GPU upgrade do you aim to have soon. Check out PCPartpicker for reference on pc builds.

Last edited:

ImScrandii

Commendable
May 2, 2019
Open the other door panel. It should expose everything behind the mother board and the PSU on the bottom. At that price point, the psu could be their own brand/supply. 400w would work. Wouldn't hurt to upgrade to a better PSU. It should be based on what future upgrades you're planning. Like what GPU upgrade do you aim to have soon. Check out PCPartpicker for reference on pc builds.
Yeah it exposes everything except for the psu that is inside its own case . The cords to the psu come out a hole to that case that goes into the big case that has my motherboard and everything else in it.
Maybe my best bet is just taking it to bestbuy to have them do it for me?😂
But if 400w works then maybe just sticking with it is a good idea😂 lol soo much to think about
Idk what i should upgrade next tbh. Any advice on that? I was thinking processor bc i couldnt afford a gpu upgrade right now. My gpu i have is going for like $600 for some reason rn.