Question PSU holding back the rest of my pc?

Jan 13, 2020
So long story short, I think my PSU may be holding back the rest of my PC when playing games.

Specs:
GPU- GTX 1060 6gb
CPU- Ryzen 5 2600 6core
PSU- EVGA 500w
OS- latest Windows 10
Motherboard- Gigabyte Technology B450M DS3H-CF
RAM- 2x8GB Corsair
Storage- 1TB SSD, 1TB HDD
Monitor- 144hz 1080p G-sync

When I play games like Fortnite or Modern Warfare I find my FPS being capped around 60. I know my build isn't a monster or anything, but 60 frames on really low settings seems low. So I checked the task manager while playing the games and everything (CPU, GPU, Mem) is running at below 50% usage. My GPU is running at especially low usage around 15-20%. One thing I did notice was that my power consumption/usage in those games was always red and at "Very High".

I guess my question is, could my PSU be holding back the potential frames that my PC can achieve in these games? If so, what PSU should I upgrade to?

mangaman

Honorable
A PSU won't really hold back a system, other than power requirements. Swapping out your PSU with another won't exactly raise your FPS by much.

The GTX 1060 requires a 400w PSU and the TDP of the 2600 is 65w. So your 500w PSU should be fine, but you also said that power consumption was very high. Are you also overlocking by any chance? Also what exact EVGA PSU are you using? Any way you can measure your power usage via wall outlet such as the killawatt device, or a UPS?