[SOLVED] PSU interesting problem

May 8, 2022
Hi all. I have a ( possibly interesting ) problem.

I tried to turn on my PC after a long period of no use. It didn’t turn on. After googling around, and on this site, found the paper clip test which showed that the fan in PSU was running. I have an old PC case with a PSU of lower wattage, but I just wanted to see if I could get any response. My PC turned on with no problem. I tried the PSU from my PC in the old case. That also worked with no problem. But I get no response when I put my PSU back in my PC.

I have a bog standard:

Advent DT2412
3.4 Ghz
Intel i7
32 Gb ram
MSI B75MA-P45 Motherboard

My PSU : Channel Well Technology GPA450P 450w
Old PSU: Dell D300 EM-01 300w

Any help appreciated.

Shane

Solution

I tried to turn on my PC after a long period of no use. It didn’t turn on. After googling around, and on this site, found the paper clip test which showed that the fan in PSU was running. I have an old PC case with a PSU of lower wattage, but I just wanted to see if I could get any response. My PC turned on with no problem. I tried the PSU from my PC in the old case. That also worked with no problem. But I get no response when I put my PSU back in my PC.

I have a bog standard:

Advent DT2412
3.4 Ghz
Intel i7
32 Gb ram

Any help appreciated.

Shane
I would assume a...

I have a bog standard:

Advent DT2412
3.4 Ghz
Intel i7
32 Gb ram

Any help appreciated.

Shane
I would assume a shot rail on the newer psu, not able to handle the full load of the newer tower.

Solution