PSU into Motherboard Cable

Aug 29, 2018
There's a PCI-E cable that is coming out of my PSU. It's a EVGA 650 BQ. The cable is non detachable and I'm not sure where the molex goes.

jay.wooster

Prominent
Sep 27, 2018
Do you have your PC Specs or does that answer your question ? I guess your either using a Graphics card that isn't potent enough to require additional power (Cards can get up to 75 Watts from the Motherboard without direct power) or not using one at all :)

Aug 29, 2018
I thought the VGA cable was for the GPU? I'm using a Ryzen 5 with integrated graphics. Right now I'm waiting for a male 4 ping plug to ship to me so I can plug it in the PERIF spot on my PSU and hook up my fans and RGB lights for the case. After that I think I did everything else.

My Specs as Follows:

Thermaltake Versa C21 RGB Tower Case
Ryzen 5 2400G Processor with Integrated Vega 11 Graphics
MSI B450 Gaming Plus Motherboard
1 TB SATA 7200 RPM Western Digital Hard Drive
LITE-ON 128GB SSD
XPG 256GB M.2 SSD
Panasonic DVD Writer/Reader
Asia Horse RGB Fans w/Controller
Patriot Viper 16GB DDR4 Memory Kit 2400MHZ

Aug 29, 2018
650 is the standard nowadays in my opinion. I had a Lenovo Erazer X315 before with the AMD FX 770k CPU and Radeon R9 360 GPU. With the new Radeon Vega 11 APU I can overclock it and get 60 FPS playing BF1. I brought the drives and the DVD burner from the old machine too. I plan on duplicating everything on my SSD and putting it on the M.2 drive for quicker boots and protection. I also plan on putting my 2 games on there as well. It should fit. Everything else will go on the SATA drive until I plan to buy another because that's prolly gonna go soon as well. Lenovo had a diagnostic program for the hardware. Hopefully I can find another one.

Aug 29, 2018
Eventually I'll probably buy a GPU. By the time I burn out the APU from overclocking I can probably buy an even newer Ryzen processor and the Geforce 1070 cards will be selling for a hundred bucks. I've got it all planned out. Battlefield 5 looks like garbage anyways so I'm gonna stick to playing BF4 and BF1. I only paid $10 for the latter so I'll factor that into my savings. I was just on the Lenovo website and their new "Legion" series desktops use the same drives I have. They charge thru the roof for RGB lights. It's ridiculous what you can do nowadays by putting a couple of sale items together. This isn't counting mail-in-rebates.

4745454b

Titan
I bought the right PSU.

But you really didin't. First, 650W might be what Nvidia suggests for a PSU, but they say that to cover for the garbage PSUs that exist out there. Second issue is the BQ is a basic, 80+ Bronze unit. It's not a fancy or good unit by any means. Final is price. I really hope you didn't spend this much.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438084

$75 + 6 more in shipping is just too much for a bronze unit.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16817151202

Here is the Seasonic Focus plus for $80 out the door. That's the 650W model, the 550 is even less. Both of the Seasonics are top notch and 80+ gold.

I'm glad you have a good PSU and I don't mean to be rude. But when I hear people say they did good when they really didn't... I'm sorry, I'll move on now.