[SOLVED] Psu is good, MOBO and all componets are good, but pc doesn't turn on

Mar 24, 2020
Hello, good night.

Im building a Simple office pc with an

Athlon 200GE
4Gb DDR4 Ram
Biostar A320MH

The problem is, that all the pc components are working properly, with the exception of the psu, which is a Delta DPS-300AB-9, a 300w With active PFC PSU The motherboard works with another psu, and the psu works with another motherboard, but both don't work togheter

What could be the problem?
(if i let the psu plugged into the motherboard and turn it on, even though nothing spins, the chipset starts getting warm after some time, is this a good thing?)

(Edit 1)
More details, with the old psu, it works fine. so the motherboard and all other components are good, as for the psu, it also works fine when connected with another motherboard, tested all rails, and all are bringing the voltage that they were suposed to

(Edit 2)
The chipset got warm only once, then, i couldn't do it again with the new psu, using the old one everything works fine. I've made sure the new psu is 100% ok, measured every single line, and all voltages are correct.
the motherboard is also working perfectly

Last edited:
Solution
Hello, good night.

Athlon 200GE
4Gb DDR4 Ram
Biostar A320MH

The problem is, that all the pc components are working properly, with the exception of the psu, which is a Delta DPS-300AB-9, a 300w With active PFC PSU The motherboard works with another psu, and the psu works with another motherboard, but both don't work togheter

(if i let the psu plugged into the motherboard and turn it on, even though nothing spins, the chipset starts getting warm after some time, is this a good thing?)

(Edit 1)...
Hello, good night.

Athlon 200GE
4Gb DDR4 Ram
Biostar A320MH

(Edit 1)
More details, with the old psu, it works fine. so the motherboard and all other components are good, as for the psu, it also works fine when connected with another motherboard, tested all rails, and all are bringing the voltage that they were suposed to

(Edit 2)
The chipset got warm only once, then, i couldn't do it again with the new psu, using the old one everything works fine. I've made sure the new psu is 100% ok, measured every single line, and all voltages are correct.
the motherboard is also working perfectly

So, with the Delta PSU your system is not POSTing? Are the fans spinning?
Also, with another PSU do you get a video signal?

A BIOS update is most likely required. A320 chipset boards will work out of the box with first gen parts and the Athlon 200GE is a 2nd gen ryzen part... will usually need a BIOS update.

Solution
Mar 24, 2020
So, with the Delta PSU your system is not POSTing? Are the fans spinning?
Also, with another PSU do you get a video signal?

A BIOS update is most likely required. A320 chipset boards will work out of the box with first gen parts and the Athlon 200GE is a 2nd gen ryzen part... will usually need a BIOS update.

The computer is working fine and booting with the other psu, as for the new one, the computer doesn't even spins any fan, as if there wasn't eletricity

TRENDING THREADS