PSU killed half my pc, what now?

Solution
^That, exactly.

Anybody who is expressly warranting connected components will make it crystal clear in their warranty documentation - and I'm not aware of m(any) who do.
The new Deepcool Captain (with the 'anti-leak' setup) are supposedly going to cover it, which is interesting to hear.

Ultimately, even if it were capable of being warranted by Corsair, you'd likely have to definitively prove the source of the damage was the PSU and that it occurred during the standard operating conditions expected and that the true source of the problem wasn't your home wiring etc.

Unfortunately, that's simply too much detective/documentation work for the 'average' consumer.

All you can do is ask.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
^That, exactly.

Anybody who is expressly warranting connected components will make it crystal clear in their warranty documentation - and I'm not aware of m(any) who do.
The new Deepcool Captain (with the 'anti-leak' setup) are supposedly going to cover it, which is interesting to hear.

Ultimately, even if it were capable of being warranted by Corsair, you'd likely have to definitively prove the source of the damage was the PSU and that it occurred during the standard operating conditions expected and that the true source of the problem wasn't your home wiring etc.

Unfortunately, that's simply too much detective/documentation work for the 'average' consumer.

All you can do is ask.

Solution

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
I'm not 100% sure it would matter jankerson...... I would imagine it would be a PR nightmare for Corsair (or whoever) to come out and essentially say "yeah, we warrant these PSUs... but we wouldn't be surprised if it took out your system".

He will have to wait and see I suppose.

Here is what their Warranty states:

Limitation of Liability
CORSAIR SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF PROFITS, REVENUE, OR DATA (WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT) OR COMMERCIAL LOSS FOR BREACH OF ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY ON YOUR PRODUCT EVEN IF CORSAIR HAS BEEN ADVISED PREVIOUSLY OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. Some local laws do not allow the exclusion or limitation of special, indirect, incidental or consequential damages, so this limitation or exclusion may not apply in your jurisdiction.