PSU killed my GPU

w0rmh0lez

Honorable
Sep 29, 2013
Hello guys!

So I own a Silverstone Strider Evolution 1000w gold power supply. I owned a 290x which ddied within 3 days of owning it. Then I owned 2 7970s which ended up also failing within some days. I've concluded that the power supply is faulty and am shipping it in for warranty.

My concern is, if I have short ended the life of the rest of my components. They seem to be working fine but is there anyway I can make sure? Should I go ahead and replace my motherboard, cpu, ect.?

Solution
If money is not an issue and you're looking for piece of mind, I would say replace the rest. You could always perform some tests on the other components when you get your new PSU. Stress the CPU with prime95 or Aida64, run a few passes of Memtest to check RAM, run chkdsk on your HDD (if you have an HDD) use manufacturer software to check SSD(s).

Dom_79

Distinguished
If money is not an issue and you're looking for piece of mind, I would say replace the rest. You could always perform some tests on the other components when you get your new PSU. Stress the CPU with prime95 or Aida64, run a few passes of Memtest to check RAM, run chkdsk on your HDD (if you have an HDD) use manufacturer software to check SSD(s).

Solution