[SOLVED] PSU making a loud noise

Jul 28, 2020
So guys when i turned on my PC my psu started making a loud noise i mean it was pretty loud. When i hit the top of cabinet a few times it went away but it still makes a small humming noise. Its a cheap 450watt psu should i be worried?

The brand is Frontech 450watt psu

So guys when i turned on my PC my psu started making a loud noise i mean it was pretty loud. When i hit the top of cabinet a few times it went away but it still makes a small humming noise. Its a cheap 450watt psu should i be worried?

If you hit it and the noise stops, it's the PSU fan.

But, as you already know, it's a super cheap PSU with a super cheap fan. Just replace it.

Hey there,

Yes! Be worried. And don't hit your PC to get it to stop, that's not gonna help much. Sounds like your PSU is failing.

List your full PC specs, and we can advise in an upgrade PSU. Prob advisable not to use your PC for now.

If you hit it and the noise stops, it's the PSU fan.

But, as you already know, it's a super cheap PSU with a super cheap fan. Just replace it.

ASK THE COMMUNITY