Question Psu making a sound like a soft r2d2

Powois

Commendable
Oct 7, 2021
I have a cooler master mwe230v 650 watt psu, i changed my ram speed because it was really low, like 2000mhz for 4200mhz ram, and i when i tried to turn it back on, blank screen, fans to 100 percent. I tested the ram, they were fine, but when i was sitting at my desk thinking,i hesrd the faintest alarm like noise from my pc, and i have pin pointed it to my psu, plz help!!!! I will post the noise rn

Powois

Commendable
Oct 7, 2021
I have a cooler master mwe230v 650 watt psu, i changed my ram speed because it was really low, like 2000mhz for 4200mhz ram, and i when i tried to turn it back on, blank screen, fans to 100 percent. I tested the ram, they were fine, but when i was sitting at my desk thinking,i hesrd the faintest alarm like noise from my pc, and i have pin pointed it to my psu, plz help!!!! I will post the noise rn

Lutfij

Titan
How did you narrow it down to the PSU?

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

You can upload the video/audio clip using YT or another file hosting site and then parse the link to the content onto this thread.

As for your issue, I suspect the issue is with your motherboard unable to deal with the ram overclock, likely a BIOS issue.

How old is the Coolermaster PSU mentioned above?

Powois

Commendable
Oct 7, 2021
Just posted the sound, i went around my pc listening for the sound until i found it in the psu,
Specs
Ryzen 5 3600
Rtx 2060 oc
Asus b450 prime mobo
1.5 terabytes of storage
Windows 10