PSU Making sounds when playing Video

Oct 2, 2018
Idk know whats causing it, when on standby it works perfectly but when i play a video or when i use chrome it sometimes starts making a grinding noise, wondering if i can fix that or if im gonna have to get a new psu

btw i got a thermaltake TR2 600W psu

Solution
I don't think you are going to be able to fix it (at least without difficulty).

I think it's a sign that something is starting to fail (as I imagine it isn't supposed to make this noise).

I would be replacing the PSU....because I think that the longer you go....the more risk there is of it failing.
I don't think you are going to be able to fix it (at least without difficulty).

I think it's a sign that something is starting to fail (as I imagine it isn't supposed to make this noise).

I would be replacing the PSU....because I think that the longer you go....the more risk there is of it failing.

Solution
Oct 2, 2018

alright then i see if i can get a new psu, but do you know why it still does that only on chrome and videos
i play resource heavy games all the time, but never hear it go off
so just wondering why it gets ticked off when i using chrome or watching vid

"but do you know why it still does that only on chrome and videos"

I'm not too sure about this.....I would expect that if it was load related you would have the problem even worse with resource heavy games.

....but the bottom line is.....you have a strange noise coming from your PSU.....and strange noises coming from PSUs are never good....and I think there is a risk and I don't think you want your PSU taking out your MB or anything else which is why I would replace it.