[SOLVED] PSU Malfunction ?

Mar 10, 2022
Hi my pc Shutdown when i turn on ultimate perfomance on control panel
it shutsdown and restart constantly until i turn power off and let it sit for couple of minutes then i turn i back on and it works
it usually happens in games like minecraft or just games that my fps cap isnt needed to be set so i get in mc liek 2k fps
yea so my problem is ultimate perfomance mode on windows gives me very much fps that i need in comp games like valorant,csgo,fortnite etc.
and it shutsdown my pc after i turn it on when i play games like mentioned before i dont know whats fault is that is my cpu to hot or maybe graphics gard, psu,mainboard
if u could help i would appreciate that

my pc specs are

Graphics Card : Rtx 2060 oc kfa2
Cpu : Amd Ryzen 7 2700X
mainboard: msi 450m pro vdh-max
psu: hyper k 700w

i have the stock amd wraith prism cooler on the cpu i have my side panel open for not so high temp also have one fan in my case

If you have anwsers then reply down below so i can reply too and explain it a little bit better

Solution
Is that PSU the hyper k 700w made by FSP? How old is it?

What are you temps like? CPU and GPU temperature at idle and under medium to heavy load (like gaming)? What are temps like when the shutdowns happen?

This "restart constantly until i turn power off and let it sit for couple of minutes then i turn i back on and it works", having to let the PC sit for a while can be an over temperature issue, CPU and/or GPU get too hot, also the PSU if the cooling fan has failed or not working properly. You let it sit, so it cools down and works again. Can be PSU Over Termperature Protection kicking in.

Leaving side panel open does not really help air flow and ventilation of parts unless you are pointing a big fan at the case which blows and...

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador

What are you temps like? CPU and GPU temperature at idle and under medium to heavy load (like gaming)? What are temps like when the shutdowns happen?

This "restart constantly until i turn power off and let it sit for couple of minutes then i turn i back on and it works", having to let the PC sit for a while can be an over temperature issue, CPU and/or GPU get too hot, also the PSU if the cooling fan has failed or not working properly. You let it sit, so it cools down and works again. Can be PSU Over Termperature Protection kicking in.

Leaving side panel open does not really help air flow and ventilation of parts unless you are pointing a big fan at the case which blows and moves a lot of air. That even is not very good as it can disrupt the CPU cooler air flow and function. Not only one fan in a case that houses a Ryzen 7 2700X and an OCed 2060, also it will do next to zero cooling when the side panel is open.

Also having to give the system some time to be able to retart and boot and work again is sometimes indicative of a failing PSU. See if power cycling it helps it to turn on after a shutdown. That is, when it shuts down flip the switch on the PSU to OFF and after a few seconds back to ON and see if system can POST (turn on) and boot. If power cycling helps the situation, it might be a failing PSU.

Solution
Mar 10, 2022

Leaving side panel open does not really help air flow and ventilation of parts unless you are pointing a big fan at the case which blows and moves a lot of air. That even is not very good as it can disrupt the CPU cooler air flow and function. Not only one fan in a case that houses a Ryzen 7 2700X and an OCed 2060, also it will do next to zero cooling when the side panel is open.

Also having to give the system some time to be able to retart and boot and work again is sometimes indicative of a failing PSU. See if power cycling it helps it to turn on after a shutdown. That is, when it shuts down flip the switch on the PSU to OFF and after a few seconds back to ON and see if system can POST (turn on) and boot. If power cycling helps the situation, it might be a failing PSU.

i have the computer for like 2 years it is a prebuild from hitech gamer

Mar 10, 2022

View: https://i.imgur.com/BEJF57T.png
temps when i was idling doing nothing just discord on

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
You can also monitor temps with HWINFO which you can download from here. Get the portable version, which is standalone and doesn't need installation.

I think those temps are high for idle. It's usually +10C of the ambeint temperature (room temperature). So they should idle at around 30-35C more or less.

If they're like that at idle they would probbaly go really high under haevy load (such as gaming).

Also it's reporting power for GPU around 38W and for CPU 58W (Package) and 27W (Cores). I don't think they should be at those number at idle with system at idle and with Discrod running. Are you sure something else is not using system resources? Have you checked in Task Manager or Performance Monitor?